Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Rate your experience here at Golden Retriever Forum.

• Excellent

Votes: 60 54.1%
  • Good

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • Average

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Fair

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,135 Posts
Excellent - 5 Stars out of 5

I can't imagine how it would have been going through Andy's cancer without GRF.

The people here are the kindest hearted, giving people on the internet.

Thank you for this site :D

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,510 Posts
Fair at best.

The scripts in the ads are causing malware warnings and lock outs.

The board is kicking me off every hour, requiring me to log back in again. (pain in the butt.)

The moderators are out of control.

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
It has definitely been excellent for me. I'm not sure I would have made it through the past few months of Tesia's illness and death without the support and advice and caring of so many people here.

We are a hugely diverse group of people here - there are bound to be spats. I think the majority of members are kind and mean well. Where there is passion, there is bound to be disagreement. We are also all free to read, participate in or ignore a particular thread.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Honestly, I've never been on a forum where the members are this nice and polite towards each other, hands down.

Usually people tend to be really rude and mean on forums..

I guess golden lovers are nicer than the average person! (No surprise there of course) :D

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I started out here looking for answer with Tayla, our 4 month old who had biting issues. This forum was the only place I found answers and help not to mention some great people. We now have issues with our senior girl, who is 15 and has pancreatitis and some other issues. I have found the most caring and wonderful people who check in often to see how she is doing. I don't post right now as much as I used to because so much of my time is consumed with helping her get well (our vet still thinks it's doable), but I check in often and would recommend this forum to anyone.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
This board was a lifesaver when we brought Tucker home. I knew a fair amount about dogs in general but really needed help and a refresher education about puppies, and needed info about Goldens in particular. So I rate the board quite high as a place for support in all things Golden Retriever.

As Tucker left puppyhood behind, I realized GRF had become an important social outlet in my life. Sometimes my days include no human being other than my daughter, and GRF is where I talk to adults!

Sometimes the tone of the posts gets testy and I don't care for that. It doesn't take that much longer to phrase things gently, or to add "IMO" so something doesn't sound like a pronouncement of fact. But I really like that we are congenial and collegial enough that we can speak up and ask people to lighten up, which I've seen a few times.

I have two technological suggestions for improvement. I would love it if the thin brown bar at the top of each page--starts with "Forums", ends with "Log Out", could appear at the bottom of the page also. I use that to navigate a lot and I find myself paging to the top a lot. And I think there should be a size limit on the pictures that are in people's signatures. Some are quite large, and if they get into a back and forth on a thread, their messages can take up whole pages very quickly!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I found this forum a life line. We had not had a pup for 14 years and boy was Ernie and experience and still is. Our kitchen has been styled by him he prefer the chewed wood and eaten wallpaper style. Advice on pudding stools, worms, and just to know your not the only person who love their dog but doesnt like them at the moment.

My visit are not a frequent as Ernie seems to be growing up but it is my first call for advice on what others have done

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
I do frequent this forum, and I do for the most part enjoy my time here however I do notice a bit of favoritism and "gangs" on the forum and if you do not fall in with them then you are basically shunned.

Rule 15
any discussions or threads about a member's warning or banning are prohibited. All of these types of threads cause more issues, and many times more drama on the board.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
A1 - please check the new rules. I believe they have been changed while you were gone!

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
A1 - please check the new rules. I believe they have been changed while you were gone!
Yeah, after I was gone. Conveniently so....

Sorry, but I feel that I am being singled out and I wasnt the only person who noticed this. I think its because my views are difference then most here. I just posted how I felt. I do like it here, I just want to not feel like I am being singled out. Hopefully, me expressing how I feel does not get me banned....

·
Professional Member
1,548 Posts
Although many forums have issues with hostility, this one has a few with censoring people's opinions when even remotely harsh. I have seen sensible bannings and ridiculous bannings that are plain out hipocracies and are very questionable. There is ganging up but this is a forum and I hardly think you can do anything about that, but when it leads to ridiculous unreasonable bans as I have seen in the past it makes me question the forum. I have been on many forums in the past and although many seem more directly hostile I still find this forum has many issues that make it more indirectly hostile than others.

·
<><><><><>
2,639 Posts
I second that. Although many forums have issues with hostility, this one has a few with censoring people's opinions when even remotely harsh. I have seen sensible bannings and ridiculous bannings that are plain out hipocracies and are very questionable. There is ganging up but this is a forum and I hardly think you can do anything about that, but when it leads to ridiculous unreasonable bans as I have seen in the past it makes me question the forum. I have been on many forums in the past and although many seem more directly hostile I still find this forum has many issues that make it more indirectly hostile than others.

This is easily the least hostile forum I've been a part of.

Despite a few issues, I wouldn't know half the stuff I know about Goldens and dogs in general if I had not found this forum. I've looked around for others that compare, and came up empty.

·
Administrator
16,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
A reminder that this thread is just to rate your overall experince here at GRF. Any discussions of a members banning have now been edited out of this thread, as stated in GRF's rule 15 " any discussions or threads about a member's warning or banning are prohibited. "

For those that may not like the board rules I am sorry but they are what they are and they will be enforced.

Any further discussions of this nature in any post or thread on this board could bring about further action from the GRF Moderating Team.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
The scripts in the ads are causing malware warnings and lock outs.
What browser are you running in? This might be a pretty solvable issue.

The board is kicking me off every hour, requiring me to log back in again. (pain in the butt.)
Do you have cookies blocked or any security setting like that? My guess is that GRF maintains your login with a cookie. If you set your browser to allow cookies from GRF, that may solve your problem. I'm just guessing, though.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
This is the ONLY site with which there is a problem.
Sorry - was just trying to be helpful. I obviously can't fix anything with the site itself, but I thought there might be some settings you could tweak in order to decrease your annoyance. I'm not having the problems you are with malware warnings or logins.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I had problems like Swampcollie and the moment I became a paid subscriber my problems were solved.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.