Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, as of lately (past few months) my golden retriever, Koda, has had some sort of rash on his lower back. It doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest bit, however I have cleaned it many times and it always seems to come back. I'm new to the forums and would like some opinions of a few here as to what it might be and some effective treatments. If the problem still persists then I will be taking my little fur baby to the vet. For some added details, it usually goes scabby, and easily cleaned. Once it has been cleaned, the skin usually goes a light red. Hair doesn't grow around the area properly, and when I check back on it a day or several later, the scabs are going back. Thanks :)

P.S I have uploaded 2 photos as attachments to show what the rash area looks like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,481 Posts
Something that doesn't go away for an extended time should be checked by the vet. The forum is not a substitute for a vet exam. I would take him to the vet now, not wait for the forum suggestions.

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,873 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I would take your boy to the Vet to have that checked out as soon as possible, he may need antibiotics.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Koda

Hey all, as of lately (past few months) my golden retriever, Koda, has had some sort of rash on his lower back. It doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest bit, however I have cleaned it many times and it always seems to come back. I'm new to the forums and would like some opinions of a few here as to what it might be and some effective treatments. If the problem still persists then I will be taking my little fur baby to the vet. For some added details, it usually goes scabby, and easily cleaned. Once it has been cleaned, the skin usually goes a light red. Hair doesn't grow around the area properly, and when I check back on it a day or several later, the scabs are going back. Thanks :)

P.S I have uploaded 2 photos as attachments to show what the rash area looks like.
I agree with the other two ladies. I would take him to the vet to be examined. He may need some type of medication.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts