Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends just adopted a lab/pitbull cross and she wants to have a doggie play date, so she's bringing her dog over tomorrow! I'm thinking I'll take Ranger on a long walk to get him relaxed so he doesn't go nutso when she comes over and overwhelm her with his need for play.

My friend was saying that she thinks Ranger might be bigger and he might play a little rough for her since her dog is smaller. I asked her how much her dog weighs and she said 80 lbs! I think Ranger's going to be the one getting taken down!

I'm always a little wary when he meets new dogs but his last three "friends" he was fine with...a big mixed breed, a smaller cockapoo and a bernese mountain dog. He met them all last year when he wasn't quite as socialized as he is now and got along great. So long as the other dogs want to play and aren't aggressive, he's usually good. (Unless it's a boxer - lord knows he hates boxers).

Should I pack up his toys so they're not out when the dog comes over? He's not protective of his toys but you never know...for sure the jollyball will be put away because he didn't like BLUE playing with it, let alone a new dog.

Speaking of Blue, what's the best way to introduce a dog to two dogs? I think Blue will be over here tomorrow to meet the new dog as well. I know everyone going for a quick walk is the best way but I have issues walking Blue and Ranger together...any ideas?

·
Registered
317 Posts
How about a quick walk with the new friend and Ranger, and then repeat with the new guy and Blue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts