Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some, watching nose targeting is like watching paint dry....but to me it is kind of magic....you can almost hear their internal monologue...

Apologies for not getting more of her in the frame....my camera man bailed on me!:)

I LOVE the sound of my sons voice in this clip....I didnt realize how mushy-sweet he sounds when he talks to puppies! Warms my heart <smile>. He is gonna be a great Daddy someday...

hm...whats this?
sniff:click:treat
Food...I love food
I ddint get a good sniff last time....
sniff:click:treat
what happens if I touch it but don't sniff
touch:click:treat
WOW! HOW COOL?!?!
hmmm the human food dispenser walked away...
what happens if I touch it again? Will she still have food?

touch:click:treat
YES!!! She is not broken!!!
What if I go faster?

touch:click:treat-touch:click:treat
YIPPEE Jared is here!....I must get my scratches from Jared! Jared you are fun!
Hey Jared,watch this.....when I touch this mark....FOOD APPEARS!!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I've read about clicker training for horses, but have never actually tried it.

Looks like your pup is figuring out the targeting pretty quickly. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the Video. It helped me see what a good click looks? sounds? like. I believe I'm a bit slow on the click.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Very cute! I love targeting! Will you start moving the target around pretty soon?

So, I think missed why you have this pup. Are you doing a board and train? Or is she yours?

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cute! I love targeting! Will you start moving the target around pretty soon?

So, I think missed why you have this pup. Are you doing a board and train? Or is she yours?
oh yes ...I really dont want her to get fixated on a particular place.....this was the second session...
Initailly, she was overly preoccupied with a 'moveable' target...wanting to mouth it...so I just used tape until she figured out I just wanted her to touch it not chew it...;)

She is a board and train pup...short timer...
No long term plans for teaching targeting....but I just love to teach it and its good for her little brain! So cool to watch them figure it out... :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
She is so cute and sooo smart!!!

Just gotta add that I loved hearing your son's accent, reminds me of my cousins who live in Plymouth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts