Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
She looks a beauty - would you mind telling me what she is trained to do - if you don't want to I understand

·
Golden ptsd service dog!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gold star names

Thank yall . Yeah she is named after sgt. Pruitt allen rainey of n.c. (k.i.a) rest in peace brother . All k9's that come from patriotrovers.org from highpoint nc are named after kia soldiers from nc . Instead of naming them just any ol name they are given an honorable name !!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,574 Posts
Thank yall . Yeah she is named after sgt. Pruitt allen rainey of n.c. (k.i.a) rest in peace brother . All k9's that come from patriotrovers.org from highpoint nc are named after kia soldiers from nc . Instead of naming them just any ol name they are given an honorable name !!
That's awesome, no better way IMO than to give tribute and to Honor a fallen soldier, makes the dogs even more special.

·
Golden ptsd service dog!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yesterday we got to meet alot of the gold star families that the k9's were named after ( ms. Rainey didnt show up, guess she was busyor to emotional) maybe next time ms. Rainey will come. Its an annual event. There were flags everywhere . Alot of the handlers were there and got to meet there k9s named parents ............very emotional day !!!!!!!!!!

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
She is beautiful...this is your rescue dog, right? She has the look of a rescue dog that's trying to find her place in the world. Keep taking pics, you'll be amazed at the difference in her expression in few months. (I've got previously abused rescue dog too and his transformation was unbelievable).

Thank you for all you have done!

·
Golden ptsd service dog!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ptsd

she looks a beauty - would you mind telling me what she is trained to do - if you don't want to i understand

she is basic obedience / companion ...... She is keying in on my migraines and we will soon see if she will key in on my seizures i just had one 2 sundays ago before that it had been 3 years. She has only been in trainin for 1.5months but will learn to sweep my house for the boogy man as i have ptsd . I get upset real easy and have alot of surviver guilt and she comes over when i do get upset and makes me pet her . That helps . She will be taught to remind me to take my meds. She has woke me up from my nitemares already !!!!!!!!!!!! Ive had to go off of my nitemare pills due to severe sideaffects !!!!! But as long as she does those things for me thats perfect for me !! For example ive got court on the 19th to get visitaion for my son . She will go with me and will be there to hopefully stop me from going in to a panic attack . Just by petting her she helps me sooooooo much !!!!

·
Golden ptsd service dog!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
she is beautiful...this is your rescue dog, right? She has the look of a rescue dog that's trying to find her place in the world. Keep taking pics, you'll be amazed at the difference in her expression in few months. (i've got previously abused rescue dog too and his transformation was unbelievable).

Thank you for all you have done!

yes . This is the rescue . I know look at them eyes !!

She just wants to please and be loved .....how could someone hurt this poor dog ???!!!! She is such a sweet heart . Ill def keep taking pics and you are right we will def see a change in her wont we ?? !! She is my buddy and i hers . I need her and she needs me . She helps me every day !! :d

·
Missing Molly
1,524 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Rainey is so gorgeous. I think it is a wonderful pairing. You can help each other heal!! Thank you for your service to our country!! I look forward to updates on the progress you two are making together. I am so glad you have each other to lean on.

·
Kristy
9,795 Posts
yes . This is the rescue . I know look at them eyes !!

She just wants to please and be loved .....how could someone hurt this poor dog ???!!!! She is such a sweet heart . Ill def keep taking pics and you are right we will def see a change in her wont we ?? !! She is my buddy and i hers . I need her and she needs me . She helps me every day !! :d
I just wanted to welcome you to this forum and let you know I hope we can be a source of support and help as you and Rainey embark on your journey together. There aren't adequate words to describe my gratitude to you for the sacrifices you have made in service to our country. Thank you seems so lacking somehow given all that you are juggling now. I am truly grateful though.

I hope someday you are able to meet the family of the soldier that Rainey is Named for. I imagine you are right, maybe too difficult for them at this time.

Please know that there will be a lot of people here pulling for you. I can't wait to see what time and patience will bring to you and Rainey.

Kristy

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,574 Posts

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Your Rainey is beautiful. I also wanted to say thank you so much for serving our country you are a great person for doing so. I hope Rainey helps with your ptsd, I have a wonderful friend who suffers from ptsd from the war and I know how terrible it can be. Bless you...

·
Registered
304 Posts
thanks for sharing the web site....AWESOME organization!!!! Wish I were closer to NC to visit & pat them on the back. I grew up in Pensacola which is a navy town, we love our military & what you all do for our country!!! Thank you & God bless you! Hope you get many many years of comfort from your new golden!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Rainey

Rainey is such a beautiful girl in her vest!!

You must be SO PROUD OF HER!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations to both you and Rainey. Good luck on your court appearance, and with the visitation matter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts