Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rainbow Bridge Section – Club of Broken Hearts
This is the most sad section of Golden Retriever Forum. Most people with puppies and young, healthy dogs do not even notice it’s there. No need for it. Why do you have to go there and feel sad? Life should be full of happiness and joy and love.
In this section you will find love, lots of love. And broken hearts. It is the Club of broken hearts. Here we come when we cannot hold any more, gasping for some air and understanding. For lots of us it was the first post, coming out from a shell, feeling free to say it loud “I can’t sleep, I have hard time, I have heavy heart, I miss my dog” and other will understand. This is the place to post the same poem tenth time but it doesn’t bother anyone, there will be always someone to read it for the first time and someone to cry reading again. Or to post your own poem you wrote and have never shown to anyone. The most beautiful words describe love and bond, that special connections you cannot explain it, you just feel it. Visitors to this section “get it”. You leave this Club for a week or two, feeling you do not need it, you are strong to walk away and move on, but you know you can always come back when you are crashed, and feel empty and lonely. You will cry a lot, that’s ok, it will wash away some of your pain. And smile through the tears. Sun always comes out after rain is gone.
Club of broken hearts is open to all. Be member as long as you feel you belong here. And others will always be happy for you when you are ready to leave the Club.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." Nat King Cole, “Nature Boy”

·
Registered
432 Posts
Buddy's mom forever,

You have hit on it exactly...Club of Broken Hearts! I am thanful everyday that I found this forum. Everyone understands and doesn't judge our grief. It is 2 months today that my Buddy left. Went to bed crying last night, and woke up with a heavy heart. But I decided today I would smile for Buddy too..he hated it when I was upset. I am writing down all the things I loved about Buddy so I don't forget as time passes. Time heals, but I never want to forget....

·
Registered
299 Posts
It is a sad section of this forum and I have spent my share of time in here. I try and stay away because everytime I come back I can't help crying. :bawling::bawling::bawling: All that being said I'm so glad it's here and I find comfort in knowing that I'm not alone in my feelings.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
This is perfect. Never could come to the Rainbow Bridge Section before I lost my girls, if someone lost a dog I would send them a PM. To me it was a scary place because I knew someday, I too, would belong there. Now I come all the time, to read the poems and see that I am not alone in my grief. I think this is probably the most important section of the forum. I am honored to be a member of the COBH .

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,605 Posts
This indeed is a very sad section, but one filled with lots of love and so many memories. I struggled with visitng the Rainbow Bridge section before I lost my old guy last year mainly because I knew his time was near. I still have trouble visiting becasue it's so sad, but the words of members brought so much comfort to me.

It's a section to find comfort and try to come to terms with the grief you're feeling for the loss of your beloved golden. It's also a section to honor and celebrate the life of your golden(s) you have loved and has brought so much joy to your life.

Sleep softly big guy, we miss you.

Taz
8/31/95-02/18/11

·
Registered
196 Posts
I get it too. Wow, do I ever. I was doing better, but today was a tough, tough day. It has been almost 3 months. I MISS MY BUDDY SO MUCH! My heart is still broken, I still cry, and I still think of him everyday. I feel like my heart will never be whole again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My wife and I still have "our day with the girls" from time to time. The feeling of loss still isn't easy for us but we continue to survive. We stay busy with our new girls and that helps some.
The individuals on this forum and this Rainbow Bridge Section has helped, there is alot of support here and I'm very glad we were able to find it.

Mike

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
This section, I agree, is a very hard one to come into and read. It is even a worse one to have to come into and make a new thread of a loved one just lost. But as mentioned earlier this forum clearly expresses the love we all have for Goldens, whether our own or other forum members here.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
While this section may be difficult to visit and post on, sooner or later, if you stay on the forum long enough, those sweet little puppies and healthy dogs will be memorialized here when the owners find their way to the Rainbow Bridge section. That's why I think it's important people don't become so self-absorbed in their dogs and lives that they forget there are those here who are grieving so intensely and need a helping hand or an encouraging word. Even a simple "I'm so sorry" means so much to someone who is hurting. It's never easy, but having been on the other side just 18 months ago, I know how much it means to the one who is grieving to receive some empathy. Thank goodness this section is here!

Thank you for posting this thread Buddy's Mom forever.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
While this section may be difficult to visit and post on, sooner or later, if you stay on the forum long enough, those sweet little puppies and healthy dogs will be memorialized here when the owners find their way to the Rainbow Bridge section. That's why I think it's important people don't become so self-absorbed in their dogs and lives that they forget there are those here who are grieving so intensely and need a helping hand or an encouraging word. Even a simple "I'm so sorry" means so much to someone who is hurting. It's never easy, but having been on the other side just 18 months ago, I know how much it means to the one who is grieving to receive some empathy. Thank goodness this section is here!

Very well said. Thanks.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
To All

Though this can be a sad place to come, it has also been a VERY HEALING and supportive place to come, where I feel all of the love and caring.

I don't know what I would have done when we lost our Snobear (Samoyed) and Smooch (Golden Retriever), if I couldn't have told everyone here how much we loved them!!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Thank you Buddy's Mom Forever, that was so very well said.

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I too feel privledged to have a place to come and offer support. Because I received so very much support during the 2 weeks that Di was sick and then when I lost her. Everyone was amazing. Seems like the last 2 months have seen so many beautiful goldens lost. Definitely understand what a difficult time this is for so many members.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,605 Posts
I get it too. Wow, do I ever. I was doing better, but today was a tough, tough day. It has been almost 3 months. I MISS MY BUDDY SO MUCH! My heart is still broken, I still cry, and I still think of him everyday. I feel like my heart will never be whole again.
My heart goes out to you-I know exactly what you're going through, I still remember so clearly what the first few days, weeks, then months felt like after I lost my old guy.

It will very soon be a year that I lost my boy, each day I'm becoming more emotional as the day is getting closer, I'm not looking forward to the one year anniversary. My heart still hurts, we think of him everyday and miss him.

Thanks DG, so very well said. No one knows how much it hurts to loose your best buddy until you've been there yourself. The words of others brings so much comfort. It doesn't take the pain or loss away, but it does help.

·
Boomer walks me!
177 Posts
Most of you that have posted were there for me during my great loss of Chopper two months ago. For that I thank you and I am so thankful for posts like this one that allow you to say how you feel. People around us just may not understand. It's been so trying and difficult but everyone here has helped it feel just a little easier!

·
Registered
12,189 Posts
Yes, this club is a tough place to visit but it is also beautiful. Time never heals the emptiness that one of our goldens leaves in our heart when they go to the Rainbow Bridge. Four of my boys are there waiting for me. Years have passed since we lost our first boy Zachary but I still think of him daily along with Jake, Pete and Beau(BoBo). I do more smiling when thinking of them now but the tears are very close and sometimes in the quiet of the morning the hurt is very powerful. Not many people understand this sense of loss but here on the forum everybody understands and the love and support is amazing. Thank you Buddy's Mom for starting this thread.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts