Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to put together a slideshow of pictures of GRF pups who went to the Rainbow Bridge in 2011, would anybody be willing to send me photos?? Or help me pick a song (or a couple songs, depending on how many people would want their pup's pic in the slideshow)?? I thought it would be kinda nice to do a tribute, but I wasn't sure if others would be interested in the idea.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I did a slideshow for Mazlon as a therapy for me ...

Goodbye To A Piece of My Heart - Blog - Meandering Thoughts -

I believe I put links to the songs I used in the blog post .... one was by John Denver, one was "somewhere over the rainbow" by Israel K, and the third was "Only the Ones We Love"

I would be happy to send you a picture. Just would need to know the size.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
What a wonderful idea! I think you might also consider using pics of doggies whose owners no longer use the board - like Henry in the U.K. He had the board's attention for some time and I'd love to see him remembered. Can I include pictures of dogs that I knew through transport etc. in the rescue organization that I volunteer?

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
So you are just doing dogs that died in 2011, not prior?

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just going to do it as a end of the year thing. Every year, someone puts together a list of dogs that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge that year, and I thought it might be nice to do something with that list this year. But if you have pictures and a song of your Bridge doggie that you'd like made into his own slideshow, I'd be more than happy to do one just for him!

The only thing about using photos for dogs that haven't been submitted to me by the person who took the photo is that would be copyright infrigement, so I wouldn't be able to use their photos without their permission. Dogs that you've known through rescues would be fine, as long as you've taken their photo or the person who took the photo gives the okay.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Such a lovely, generous offer! My Bailey passed in Jan 2011 and I would be honored to have him be a part of the tribute. :heartbeat

Do you want photos now, or should I wait until you know if there is enough participation and you know you are going to move forward?

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
If I were to put together a slideshow of pictures of GRF pups who went to the Rainbow Bridge in 2011, would anybody be willing to send me photos?? Or help me pick a song (or a couple songs, depending on how many people would want their pup's pic in the slideshow)?? I thought it would be kinda nice to do a tribute, but I wasn't sure if others would be interested in the idea.
Gosh, thought about making the same post in 2010. I did the 2010 list, Teresa took over for 2011. What I think you need to do is PM everyone on the 2011 list. If you get 3 dozen photos it might work for a 3 minute song. More the better. A few 4-5 second video clips would add to it. Faster it moves the more the attention span. Huge undertaking what your trying to do, kudos.

The song sameli102 posted would appeal to a wide audience. I like Paula's choice too but that's because I am from the same generation. Songs are quite personal. Make a choice and stick with it or create a poll (more work)

My personal opinion? If I ever did a rainbow bridge type thing for my kids or others I would choose a uplifting celebratory type song.

The 2 videos of Tucker below were never meant as rainbow bridge type stuff. Giving you an idea where I'm coming from though. The first video I ever made is from '08. The 2nd video is 3 months before he passed. Both happy, uplifting, joyful. Like his life was. I can watch them now and smile. That to me is what having a dog is all about. Smiles :)

Lungs collapsed, cysts broken open, arthritic, cancer. He still enjoyed every moment. Had a quality of life till the end. What a guy, what a gift.

This style of tune would work too.. Sad but happy at the same time :) Don't be sad...smile :D Might do this for a Tucker tribute someday, it fits. Would take a while to comb through thousands of photos and many videos though.

CELEBRATE THEIR LIVES ! There are approximately 3.7 quadrillion sad type tunes out there. Pick something happy, think that is what or friends would want. Just my 2 cents :curtain:

2010 was horrible for so many of us. 2011 no better either. Now Barb lost Toby in 2012. Tears do turn to smiles eventually. Priceless memories. All of them once in a lifetime never to be replaced. How lucky we are to have them whether for a few years or a decade or more.:)

Thanks for reading, long post I usually delete.

Good luck on your video if it comes to be Sam, thanks.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Sam,
I've just seen this, I would be interested too. I am still in deep grief and cant do much myself in memory of my Buddy.
You are such a nice person.

·
flykelley
675 Posts
Sam I would be happy to send you pictures of Katie. Thank You just for the thought.

Mike

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would very much appreciate this and would participate having lost my boy in 2011.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Such a sweet thing to do. I too would love to have Kosmo part of the tribute and I love that version of over the rainbow.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
We lost Lillie January 1st last year. What a horrible start to a year that brought Maddie into our lives. I would be honored to have sweet Lillie memorialized this way.

Thank you Sam so much for your very generous offer!

I'm typing through tears, but they're a different kind. Thank you again!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
My Cookie could take place, send me the details.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would love if you could do this! I lost my dakota on September 18, 2011. I still miss her everyday.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts