Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, 2011 has already become the 3rd "soggiest" year in Michigan history. Three more inches of rain and it'll be in first place. The current first place record was set back in the 1800's.

It has been raining NON-STOP since Saturday night, other than a few hours of sunshine this afternoon. As a result, our backyard is a SWAMP. Enzo thinks it's great - his very own mud bath day spa in the backyard. Me? I don't think it's so great. I'm having to hose Enzo down every time he comes in from outside. I can't even just take him out on a leash to avoid the mud. Anywhere that used to be grass is now mud. The only place that isn't muddy is the concrete patio, where I'm definitely not going to encourage him to go to the bathroom. I was SO excited last night because they were calling for freezing temperatures and 4-6 inches of snow. I was hoping the ground would be frozen and covered with inches of snow, but no such luck. We ended up with a light dusting that melted by noon.

That's how much I've come to hate the rain - I'm praying for snow and I'm disappointed by the lack of it. :doh:

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I have always felt snow is a much easier weather phenomenon to deal with than rain. You can go for a walk when it is snowing and not carry an umbrella, your clothes aren't all soggy, your pants aren't soaked up to your knees because an umbrella never covers you from rain below the knees. Snow is clean, if it is cold outside so it stays frozen, and as you go inside it is pretty easily brushed off.
Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Considering we are under stage 3 drought restrictions - and they are already predicting it to be worse next summer - I will gladlly take every drop of rain you can send our way.

The ground is so dry, that even with watering the foundation on a regular basis, we are looking at foundation work on our house. Uggggggggh! They are so backed up, they can't get to it until March.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Be careful what you wish for, as evidenced by this photo, of my neighbor's lake house, a major reservoir for drinking water for the City of Dallas. His "boathouse" is on the stilts and it is not accessible. This is a MAJOR disaster for our state. :( Please send every drop of your rain our way--and we will not complain!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Enzo, you didn't get ANY snow??? We had a lot of rain but then it changed over and we got about 5-6 inches of snow. I posted pictures.:wavey:

I'm sorry for you. Penny rolled and rolled in the SNOW and came in clean!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
How high up does the water usually come? We camped outside Corpus Christie a few years ago on a lake that is also a water preserve. Instead of beach there was about 100 yards of mud. The docks extended out and then stopped...short of meeting any water. And it was THAT bad several years ago. :(

Be careful what you wish for, as evidenced by this photo, of my neighbor's lake house, a major reservoir for drinking water for the City of Dallas. His "boathouse" is on the stilts and it is not accessible. This is a MAJOR disaster for our state. :( Please send every drop of your rain our way--and we will not complain!

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
Uggh, I don't get the appeal of mud and puddles, but the dogs sure do! That's why I never look forward to those rainy days - I just hate the cleanup that comes with it. It's kinda sad, but our downstairs full bathroom is right off the family room, and it is labeled "Chester's bathroom" since he goes right into the shower if he comes in muddy and gross.

I hope the rain is coming to an end. Even though it sucks to drive in snow...it's definitely cleaner and more fun to play in. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts