Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Welcome and just wanted to say both of your babies are adorable!! I, too have a daughter with special needs and the bond between my daughter and Ruby is a very unique one.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Here's how I see it: I don't think Golden/Poodle crosses are a good idea from a breeding standpoint, since an interbreed outcross gambles unnecessarily on health, type, and temperament. So I'm a pretty loud voice in any debate about whether one should be bred. And yes, the idea of F1 Golden/Poodle crosses is a sensitive subject around here.

However, when it comes to an individual dog or a choice that's in the past, an argument about breeding practices is irrelevant. Your dog is adorable and obviously beloved. I love a good dog, and I would never hold even the worst breeding practices against a dog because he has nothing to do with his own breeding anyway.

So as far as I'm concerned, any mixed breed dog is welcome around here. The fact that there's some Golden in there makes him a little more apropos to the forum, but honestly any dog is welcome in my book.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Rick, are you in the Dallas area and if so, which area of Dallas do you live in? I may be able to help you with a training recommendation and convince you to stay away from an obedience club training program that probably does more harm than good.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Nice that your darling little boy will get to grow up knowing the love of a good dog! They're very cute together, and it will only get better once Jake is past the land shark stage:)

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Hey everyone, here is Jake and our son Noah.
Noah's almost 2 years old and was born with Down syndrome. Noah gets to hang out with a fun therapy dog at physical therapy and so we wanted to get him a buddy to play with. They are already best buddies (As you can see.) :)

We're in the Dallas and would really like to find him some good puppy classes, dog trainer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Awww! How lovely!:)

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I don't know how far you are from Midlothian, but I have a friend up there that's a very good trainer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Rick! Welcome to the forum! Your puppy is just adorable. :) I live in Fort Worth and have worked with a great trainer in the Keller area. I'm not sure if that is too far west, but if you are interested in her information, just let me know and I'll send it your way. :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts