Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post a quick hello from New Hampshire. My family and I just put a deposit on a Golden Puppy that we visited this past weekend. We're new to Goldens, but not to dogs. Our previous dog, a bi-black Sheltie named Max, went to the Bridge earlier this year after 11 years. But, it's been 11 years since we had a puppy (and housebreaking and training) and now we have 2 kids (8 years and 21 months) to go along with, so this should get real interesting really fast.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions, refresher on crate training will be up first I'm sure, in the meantime, I'll be lurking and reading. We don't pick up our new little guy until Nov 17th, the first Friday after they're 8 weeks old. Plus, with that being the week of Thanksgiving, it'll be the perfect week for my wife or I to be home for about a week and a half straight without the puppy having to be alone for any extended period of time.

No pics of the little guy himself, but I have some adorable puppy pics on our homepage:

http://homepage.mac.com/plutnicki/PhotoAlbum22.html

We got our deposit in first, so we'll have first pic of one of the little boys, and couldn't be more excited!

Looking forward to becoming a useful member of your forum!

...Jim

·
Reyna 1997 to 2004
2,720 Posts
Jim, sure sounds like you've got your plans in order. Those puppies are absolutely adorable! Have you thought of names?

(With two kids, and a puppy nipping at their heels and clothing, I recommend buying more than one bottle of Bitter Apple.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are working on names, and have probably too many. A few we like:

Logan, Jack, Charlie, Jake, Tucker. Wife's Dad is Charles, so that might be out. But "Golden Ticket" would be a cool AKC name...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts