Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,800 Posts
Much good info to consider... that really helps...those puppy eyes put me on a guilt trip just thinking of leaving him in the crate. I will endeavor to ignore him. I do also understand about just walking away and not making a big deal of leaving rather than making a big fuss about it. Thank you for your words of encouragement.
My guys have always done good, I give them a dog bone, tell them I'll be back in a little while.
When I get home, I give them a small treat, they no the routine and there's never been a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I didn't read thru all the posts but probably you are well covered with great ideas. On your electric fence- I have one as well- every single one of them touches it one time and never again. It makes a noise they can hear so the really smart ones take a little longer to brush up against it but they do avoid it after that first time. I've never seen one of the adults touch it, since they know better.. and the insulators make it pretty obvious visually. Once I had a friend's dogs come to visit so I turned it off- that was a bad idea because they didn't get the benefit of touching and avoiding and instead, they managed to get all tangled up in it and I had to rewire it when she left.
Thank you... this helps a lot...we also put white flagging tape along the entire bottom row. Our electric fence is not adjustable and I just would hate for it to do any long term damage.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts