Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how long the waitlist was for a Harborview Golden. I am on the search for a great pup and this was the fist breeder I have emailed, still waiting on a response. Just curious how long each of you waited for the right golden or how long the wait was for a harbor view golden was specifically.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We started researching and contacting breeders in early April of this year. I filled out a Harborview application, but never heard back at all. I believe they are so well respected, they got tons of applications every day. All tallied, I think I probably contacted maybe 20 breeders total, most of those with applications attached. I received about 10 replies, many without upcoming litters. We just brought our boy Mac home on 7/22 from a wonderful breeder, but I was told multiple times how lucky this timing was and that usually it takes much longer. I do think this was pure luck that we got picked because the mama was already a little ways into her pregnancy. Otherwise, we were offered a couple of spots for upcoming planned breedings from other breeders we had contacted, which would have put us around the 6-8 month mark in terms of searching to bringing home pup, which I think is average. Many folks end up waiting a year. We drove over 4 hours for Mac & many others will recommend a large search area of you're trying for a sooner than average wait time. Good luck- it's so worth it!

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
I waited a year for my Harborview golden Lush, and it was worth the wait. I am breeding my girl Sayer to Harborview Make It Count in the next week. I like the longevity in those lines- Tuxedo, Laurell- and the lovely temperaments. My Lushie was a nice easy show dog to finish, and is the lynchpin of my household lol, nanny , grandma, and friend.

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
My girl Sayer didn't get pg, - lol her choice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
They are awesome... I was really sad it didn't work out for us. They were my top choice after doing an exhausted search of people breeding this fall/winter on the east coast.

I've also found that most breeders get swamped, and aren't as tech hip as I would expect~!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wondering how long the waitlist was for a Harborview Golden. I am on the search for a great pup and this was the fist breeder I have emailed, still waiting on a response. Just curious how long each of you waited for the right golden or how long the wait was for a harbor view golden was specifically.
I interested also in Harborview But I’ve been trying to reach JenniferCraig for a few days left messages but nothing ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I waited a year for my Harborview golden Lush, and it was worth the wait. I am breeding my girl Sayer to Harborview Make It Count in the next week. I like the longevity in those lines- Tuxedo, Laurell- and the lovely temperaments. My Lushie was a nice easy show dog to finish, and is the lynchpin of my household lol, nanny , grandma, and friend.
How did you get a hold of Jen I’ve been leaving messages and tried calling her cell phone no success

1 - 12 of 12 Posts