Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Laurie Ellen R.
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup is 9 months old. She often mouths her soft toys and "humps". Them at the same time. Is this a sign of anxiety? She humped soft toys sometimes even when she was 8 weeks old. It seems to happen more frequently lately. Does this sound normal?

·
Mulligan & Samantha's Mom
1,263 Posts
Samantha has never humped toys, but has other dogs occasionally. It's generally considered to be a sign of dominance I believe, but again I don't know about with toys.

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll get some great advice here.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Very normal especially at that age. When Hank was a pup someone gave him a stuffed devil. He would hump it while tearing it up. When the devil went away so did the humping.

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
Pippa has a pillow that she found in our bedroom one day (so it's now hers), and it's the only toy she humps. But she makes sure to give it a good workout at least once a day; no clue why.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Our pup has one toy he does that with. He's been known to nurse the same toy. If he wants to put all his socially inappropriate behaviors all on one toy, fine by me.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Jordan has a " special" dog stuffy that I have nicknamed "Nookie". But now that I think about it, I don't think she's played with him like that since she was spayed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts