Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to recent issues with the new dog and our dog fighting over toys, we have decided to keep the new dog in a crate when we are asleep or not home. We were told that she is crate trained, she rides in the car in a crate and has really taken to the crate very well. Our dog on the other hand, never really enjoyed being in there, and thankfully he was behaved being outside for the most part. The crate is in the living room and since we have crated them there, Marshall has only been sleeping downstairs (to stay close to her maybe?), the previous night they both slept on the floor outside the bedroom door.

I wonder if the one dog being in the crate and the other not, is going to be a problem, (I have a feeling that it may) and buying another crate is not an issue at all. But like I have said our current dog is not used to the crate anymore and he has not really slept/stayed in one since he was 7 months old. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
12,189 Posts
I know you will probably get answers but I have in the past had one dog in a crate and another loose. We never had any problems.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
It's been 8 years but when we adopted our 6 month old Toby we crated him whenever we couldn't watch him while we left his 7 year old sibling free. There were no problems at all. The 7 year old never wanted to be crated, probably because he spent a long time in medical rehabilitation crating before we adopted him, so we never pushed it with him and he was totally trustworthy.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Jesse and Cheyenne, who died in February spent most of their 12 years together invested. Jesse is still kicking at 15 and year old Tayla might just spent her life in one, as she is not trustworthy. I personally think Jesse is happiest with her crated.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts