Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't changed a thing about my signature, but after the announcement, has the allowable size been modified in the background? Because now what was on one line (my two pitapata signatures with pictures) are now taking up 4 lines, as if the width has been restricted. So now my signature is taking up a lot more room vertically than it did before.

·
Administrator
16,441 Posts
The limits did not change. There was limits put in place over a year ago for pictures uploaded from your computer to the board however the board, being as old as it is had issues with large photos from hosting sites like Photobucket. Today the Admin put in place a resizer now to cover hosting site and it does work on single photos. I am guessing the resizer maybe limiting the total width of the signature area as well to 600 pixel, hence the moving of pictures and tickers.

·
Administrator
16,441 Posts
Sorry this happened. From the few I've seen so far it really affects members with tickers. To be quite honest when the admin was going to be able to put a resize in place for outside hosting pictures we were looking forward to this as I'm sure I can speak for every present and past mod that of all the duties we have to do on this board we despise policing signature sizes. I know I had no idea this image resizer would limit overall width space of the signature area as well. As from what I can read in the description of it it doesn't mention doing that, yet it is. I am limited as to what I am allowed to turn on or off or make alterations on the board but I will see and look around to try and find out a little bit more information on what's going on.

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,051 Posts
My photos are vertical rather than horizontal, too. So I tried to replace them with smaller photos, and I get this error: "BB code size value is too big." I don't know what that means, but I'm not able to replace the photos with smaller ones, or even use just a single photo. So I cannot seem to edit my signature at all.

·
Administrator
16,441 Posts
My photos are vertical rather than horizontal, too. So I tried to replace them with smaller photos, and I get this error: "BB code size value is too big." I don't know what that means, but I'm not able to replace the photos with smaller ones, or even use just a single photo. So I cannot seem to edit my signature at all.
The "BB code size value is too big." means there is a font size larger than 2 or 3 in your signature. We had to reduce the overall font sizes allowed to help with signature sizes.

As for the pictures not lining up. That is from the image sizer that the Admin turned on to reduce sizes of outside hosted pictures to meet the boards requirement. It is doing what is suppose to do in that fashion however I did send a request into the tech team about how only one photo is showing per line. Last week a tech guy spent several hours looking into this issue and found the image resizer for outside hosted pictures puts a line break after every picture (and Ticker) placed in the signature and there was nothing he could do about editing that plugin code. Checking signature picture out or getting complaints about signature picture sizes is not a job anyone on the Mod team enjoyed as well as not all the mod team has access to finding out to determine pixels and such allowed for signature pictures. So at this time we have to leave all photo resizers in place, though it makes signatures not as nice looking now. I hope someday may be more can be done about this.

·
Kate
20,442 Posts
Goofy question, but I'm wondering if this is my computer or something going on with the signature system on the forum?

I changed my signature the other day to one with my two guys' heads (swimming pic - floating heads carrying sticks - much cuter than it sounds). Saw it show up that day and all was OK.

Logging on today though - it's reverted back to the old picture with their profiles outside somewhere.

New picture is actually a smidge smaller than the old picture, so the size shouldn't be an issue.

When I go to edit my signature - it's showing the water pic. But that's not what I see when I post on the forum. So what gives? Have cleared my temporary files and cookies just in case.

I guess #1 question is - do other people just see the same thing I am? And if they do, WHY?

ETA - and I just hit the "save signature" button in my edit box and that apparently did the job. Hope I don't have to do that every day to make it stick..... So confused. *scratches head*

·
Administrator
16,441 Posts
There is an issue with this board and its had it for a couple years now where signatures will revert back to older ones used at a certain point in time. When this happens I have to contact somebody from the tech team to readjust something that occurred behind the scenes. This happens maybe two or three times a year and when it happens if someone has not changed their signature around that time no one will notice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts