Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Riot's mom
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be me just over thinking, but here's the question anyway...

For the past few weeks, I have been working toward the TT, step by step. However, now that we are at the mini T, I feel like I might need to find a different field to work in. I think the field I am currently in is too small. The length is OK (75 yds) but the width is only about 20 yds total. Meaning that the over piles are only 10 yds from the main line, instead of 20 as recommended by Lardy. There is another field nearby that I could use that would get me closer to the distances recommended. However, it is definitely on an incline, which is one thing that has stopped me from switching. Also, I'm worried that moving now could really confuse Riot. I guess we would probably just have to back up a few steps. Would it be better to have him run down the hill when leaving me? Annnnyway, can't wait for the day when I have tons of land to make a "yard" and a swim-by pond and technical ponds....

·
Registered
986 Posts
It's workable, but barely. You would be much better served if you can find a soccer or football field, or a park that could give you 100 + yards in length, and 50 or more width. My land T has a 100 yard Back pile with 30 yard Over piles. Basics are sort of a specialty of mine, and I've studied the effects of smaller distances, and greater ones. A 100 yard Back pile is really optimal.

EvanG

Reactions: MarieP and gdgli
1 - 2 of 2 Posts