Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aka Savannah
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never registered with AKC before, so please excuse my stupidity. I contacted my breeder and they told me I could name her whatever I wanted and that it was not required to use their kennel name or theme. However, I am having a hard time coming up with a full AKC name for her.

Her name is Chloe, her father is Montego Silversong from Australia. Her mother is Alexis Striking Classic and her great-great grandfather is Faera's Future Classic. Basically, I am needing ideas on names and would it be okay to use "Classic" in her name somewhere even though she is not a show dog?

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
If Classic is the kennel name you got her from, then I see no problem using it.

As for coming up with a name, do you have any favorite songs, movies, hobbies? Is there anything distinctive about Chloe's looks, personality, the way you acquired her?

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
No, Classic is not the kennel name. Would it still be okay to use it?
Yes, many people do that.

The name Chloe signifies fresh first blooming flower of spring, it has ties to the Greek goddess Chloris, a beautiful goddess of nature and could transform herself in to flowers. Maybe that could help you with a name.

·
I miss you Macintosh
137 Posts
When I got Macintosh he was already named but they used the Sir from his dad and further sires down his line. She loves apples so he was named Macintosh and what better place to be from than the Orchard if your an apple.
Since we kept a puppy of his we used His Sir and Since is was Mike and Mac Danielle and Dakota we were having a baby Emma so she needed a E doggy so it was Evan. We now live in the mountains so Sir Evan of the Forest as it goes with his daddy.

·
Remy's Mom!
1,797 Posts
Remy's father was Mickey Byrd and mother was Roxanne's Blazing Glory. The breeder (backyard...) said that we could name Remy whatever we wanted, but she would love to see the parent's names continued somehow. Seeing as we wanted to name our puppy Remington, we thought that Byrd fit in best because he's a gun dog. His registered name is Remington Byrd's Golden Shot :)

Our next boy will probably be Ruger... and depending on the kennel and if we have a theme or not, we want to use the AKC name "Ruger's Rockin Rimshot" (I saw it in my boyfriend's issue of guns and ammo and love it).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts