Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have not trained much this year. Actually not much since November of last year. Out of the blue I decided to enter Belle in a Q. I cannot think of keeping Rose a whole weekend in the truck while running just Belle. So Q is the way to go until Rose recovers.

I could not be more proud of Belle. She gave me 2 perfect series despite my nervousness. And the water blind was gorgeous u to the last quarter of her blind. I lost her down a ditch once she got out of the water. Did not know it was full of water from the rain. But then I saw her and overcast her which took her to a dead grass brown area and she thought I sent her to say hello to the bird planter.She took the over and came right behind the bird.

She had many supporters in the gallery and I was so proud of being with her at the line. I asked the judges if there were any cuteness points to offset the last quarter of the blind.

It was a great experience. Now back to training and learning!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I glad you enjoyed it Claudia, how are the grounds, our first Derby is there in June

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I glad you enjoyed it Claudia, how are the grounds, our first Derby is there in June
It rained heavily the night before. We had on and off light rain during the test yesterday as well. The roads were full of water and the fields had standing water with puddles everywhere. Driving to the test I have already made up my mind that I will ask a sit at the line but will not ask for a complete sit on the blinds; she gave them to me anyway. Her land blind was quite beautiful. They placed two stickmen and two crates of ducks one on top of eachother to the left of the blind mid way. Going into a depression you lose sight of the dog briefly. The ducks and stickmen did not phase her. She took the two casts nicely right to the blind.

Depending where they will run the derby water there is a very cheaty pond. Also lots of areas for long land to water entries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts