Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is 17 weeks old. Seems absolutely fine in every way. However in last week seems to have developed large lump on front of head Just in front of ears (not at back of head). Looks to me like skull development but should I have it checked. His brother does not have it.

·
Kate
20,697 Posts
My puppy is 17 weeks old. Seems absolutely fine in every way. However in last week seems to have developed large lump on front of head Just in front of ears (not at back of head). Looks to me like skull development but should I have it checked. His brother does not have it.
Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for your reply. Have taken puppy to vets and he said never seen anything like it before. Got two other vets to look at it. He is going in for an x-ray tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Would you post the radiograph? I am so curious since you didn't post photos of the lump.

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
That doesn't look normal. Especially because there appears to be a dip behind the bump. I would suggest a vet visit. You could also send a photo to the breeder for ideas too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would get it checked out to be sure, but is it possible he banged his head into something? Our female ran into a wall ( playing matador with our male) and had a nice sized lump for a good amount of time

·
Puddles
3,399 Posts
I hope you will give an update on how the x-rays went... hoping for the best with your pup. 🙏🙏

1 - 14 of 14 Posts