Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a certain smell or quality to a puppy's breath that is appealing, or is it more of an emotionally-driven thing?

It's been ten years since we last had a baby pup in the home, and frankly I don't remember smelling my dog's breath then. I certainly don't remember anything intoxicating about it.

I realise this is probably a stupid question, so I will try to accept any ridicule with good grace. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I thought Flora's breath smelled like stale farts or skunk. But I know a lot of people like puppy breath, so I think it's an individual thing. :p:

·
Kate
21,690 Posts
Probably the only sweet thing about puppy breath is the puppy kisses that come with it. And puppy kisses from your puppy. Being greeted first thing in the morning from the nomcruncher breathing his shtinky puppy breath in your face while lick-nipping your nose.

About other people's puppies... I erm... am usually thinking about washing my hands to get that smell off. :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I thought I had missed out on something.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Funny you should mention that. Got Pippin a couple of days ago and his breath reminds me of burnt rubber. He's eating Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Puppy Breath

I always thought Puppy Breath smelled like garlic.

·
Registered
13,084 Posts
I found it very skunky. But I liked it because it represented the babyness - it lasts such a short time.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I honestly don't remeber teh "flavor" of their puppy breath. I do remember sniffing and thinking "what all the hype about". :gotme:

I will say ti's much better then cat breath!! ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I guess I'm either in the minority or just completely smitten... I actually do like Jackson's puppy breath! It won't be around too much longer though...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts