Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it common for dogs/puppies to suddenly not like their dog food? Ever since the vomiting incident I posted 2 days back, I gave Lucca his Fromm adult food again today and he does not seem to be interested in the food anymore. He still eats them but eats them really slow. He usually gobbles down the food in like a minute or so but today he took almost 5 minutes and his food wasn't finished. I also noticed that he seemed to chew the food, spit them back and ate them again as I've seen chewed bits of food in his bowl.

Is this a sign that the food's not right for him? He never had this problem when he was taking the Fromm large breed puppy. It's only when I switched to Fromm adult that he started to vomit once in awhile. When he vomited small amounts last time, I thought it's because he ate too fast/played after eating.

I'll be giving him more chicken and rice today though cos' I don't know if the food's gonna make him sick again.

Anybody with this problem?

·
Registered
525 Posts
His stomach may still be sensitive from the vomiting. If the vomiting started only after you put him on the adult food, I'd put him back on the puppy chow. His stomach pay not be ready for big boy food yet.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Luccagr

Luccagr

You can call the vet and ask their opinion. Was he eating alright with no vomiting when he was on the puppy food?

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Is he teething
Does he have a damaged/broken tooth?
Any sores in the mouth?
Is the food rancid food?

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I had this problem, but in my cat. She was on meow mix for about 11 years. Then she came down with bronchitis one summer and vomited up a lot of her food. After that, she refused to eat it. We switched foods to Purina Cat Chow and she was fine after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts