Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, we are new Golden owners the puppy we got (Holli) is 8 weeks old. We are taking her out every 20 mins when she is not in her create is that normal? She also only pees a little bit sometimes it has me concerned of a possible UTI but not sure. And it looks like the waking me up every 2 hours is normal. Thanks for your responses and any tips would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,654 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on Holli, hope you'll share pictures of her with us.

Every twenty minutes sounds about right, some people take their pups out between 15-30 minutes. As they get older, they will be able to hold it a little longer and you may want to adjust the amount of time some.

She will also need to go out during the night, so her waking you up is normal.

Holli's bladder is very small right now, she isn't able to hold too much yet. Have you taken her to your Vet yet for her first exam/wellness check? If you feel she may have an infection, your Vet will need a Urine sample to test to determine whether she has one or not.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I keep a timer on my phone for 15 minutes, and take them out then. If they are still playing and not sniffing then I will add another 5 minutes before taking them out. I have to really watch them at all times, because they will just get up and squat when they need to go. Not really any sniffing warning unless it's #2.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Cute! Mine went out about that frequently, especially if he was playing or got excited, in the beginning-and sometimes more. It's shocking how often they have to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts