Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new here and have benefited a lot from this forum.

My family is planning to welcome a golden retriever puppy (companion pet; no show or breeding). We got a reference from the Golden Retriever Club of Greater Pittsburgh for a current litter in the area. We are considering a litter from these parents:

Pedigree: CH Harborview Under Construction
Pedigree: Ruffwater All About Me

I read about the OFA ratings and have a very basic understanding of the clearance certificates. There is so much data available out there (which is a good thing!) and I thought I would seek your help and advice.

Could you please check the records of the above parents and let me know what you think of the health/quality of the litter?

Thank you!

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Jen is a member here :)

There are quite a few members here with one of her Harborview pups :)

Reactions: DNL2448

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Ruffwater All About Me: Hip, elbow and heart clearances are in good order. Last CERF was done in August 2011 (though they haven't updated K9data to reflect that, I looked her up on the CERF database), so I would expect it's either just been done or should be soon for this year. The breeder should be able to show you their copy of the form (most people will make a photocopy before mailing in the original) or tell you when the assessment is scheduled if it's coming up.

Harborview Under Construction: Same exact thing, lol! Hips, elbows and heart are all in order. CERF just went out of date in August so has either just been done (takes some time to show up in the database) or should be coming up soon. I'd be shocked if Jen from Harborview couldn't show you the updated form or tell you the date of assessment if it hasn't happened yet -- she's top notch! (and a member here, if you'd like to try to contact her with questions)

As always, it's good to inquire what the breeder hoped to achieve from this breeding, why they chose that particular stud, and what types of personalities you might expect from the litter (hard and eager working dogs, mellow pets, etc). But from what I can tell, this would be a great litter to get in on!

Julie, Jersey and Oz

Reactions: MikaTallulah

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, MikaTallulah and Jersey's Mom. I am glad all the records are in good order. I will post back if I manage to get a puppy from this litter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts