Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I posted the question -- "what will you do with your puppy on Thanksgiving?" Since our Duffy is only 9 weeks old, I didn't want to leave him home in his crate for the many hours we would be away.

The consensus was that I should take him and his crate with us. Well, we did so and it worked out beautifully. He was peaceful in his crate, was able to run around in the fenced yard, and when the kitchen wasn't busy, we hooked his leash to a chair leg and let him enjoy the kids and everyone else who was happy to meet him.

He was a very good boy! The only problem was that he badly wanted to play with Comet, the resident greyhound, and Comet wanted nothing to do with Duffy!

Here are some pics of Duffy enjoying the attention of the kids:

So thanks all for the excellent advice. It all turned out great!

Kris

·
Registered
508 Posts
Our puppy comes home in two weeks so we will have this problem for Christmas. We don't have the hecktic holidays as my daughter is grown and we don't have a lot of in and out but we were invited to a party the day after Christmas. I have declined the invite and only Kevin will attend because I think it's to soon to leave the puppy home and I think the party is to far for a car ride.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can't help but notice your scrapbook page of Duffy. I love it! Did you do this with regular supplies or digitally?

It sure looks like Duffy had a lot of kids to entertain him on Thanksgiving!

Michele

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
It looks like Duffy had a great time! Golden puppies are like kid magnets.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It looks like he was the hit at thanksgiving. Kids and puppies so cute together. I am glad you took him.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
So glad it worked out well to take him!!!! You are wonderful puppy parents!
becca is also! I always put my dogs' comfort /health before my social life!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Great pics :) I love kids and goldens! I'm happy that everything worked out and you were able to bring him with you to Thanksgiving :) Secondly, it looks like it was a great socializing exercise to expose him to young children at an early age, too!

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
ooh Im so glad it all worked out well, I just knew a golden puppy would go down a treat!! I was wondering how it all went, thanks for the update!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone!

He had a great time, so did the kids! All was well.

Michelle,

I did the scrapbook page on photobucket - easy, too!

Kris

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh goodie!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooo pleased it all worked out!!!! So I take it he invited back for Christmas now? :D
Well, we're going to a different relative's house for Christmas! And thankfully, she lives only about 10 minutes away so it will be no big deal to leave halfway through and run home to let Duffy out for a bit.

Kris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts