Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say first off thank you for welcoming to this forum. I really enjoy being a part of it. 馃槉

Secondly, I was wondering what your top 2 puppy names (boy and girl) were? Currently, thinking Casper for boy and Willow for girl. Not 100% sure about the girl name and open for suggestions. Pretty sure about Casper for the boy name, but I would love to hear your name idea! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
There are far too many Willow's out there. It is an extremely popular female name. I would keep thinking on that one. Love the name Casper for a boy. That is very unique! My girls are Rundle and Summit - mountain themed. I love picking a name that I already associate with positivity.
I wasn't really sure about Willow, I will keep on thinking about it for sure. Thank you, I really like the name Casper. :) Love your dogs names!! Thank you for your advice, I am going to try and think about a dog name with a positive meaning associated with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Molly, so do several others here. My dream is to go to a park and call out Molly and get snuggled by about 20 Goldens.

Anyway, if you like Willow, name it Willow. Casper is cute also
Haha that sure would be fun! Thanks for your advice. I don't really know for a girl dog name, I keep on changing my mind (lol). I am going to keep on thinking about it (I got a year wait after all). Will let everyone know when I finally got one! I think Casper is final for a boy dog name though! :)

Registered
If we had gotten a girl, my top two choices were Primrose and Sailor. Still might keep those top of mind if we ever think about getting another dog in the future :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
If we had gotten a girl, my top two choices were Primrose and Sailor. Still might keep those top of mind if we ever think about getting another dog in the future :)
Wow those are some great dog names! I especially like Sailor, so unique! :) Thank you for your suggestions, I am going to add Sailor to my list. Most likely we are going to get a boy, but I am making girl names just in case. :D

Registered
FWIW, I've never met a dog with either of those names.
Fair. But, if you look at the top 100 female dog names on Rover, Willow is ranked number 25: The Best Female Dog Names of 2020 from Tough to Sweet to Unique

I have a Molly, so do several others here. My dream is to go to a park and call out Molly and get snuggled by about 20 Goldens.

Anyway, if you like Willow, name it Willow. Casper is cute also
But, I also agree with Dunmar. If you like Willow, then go with Willow. Personally, I like having dogs that have less commonly used names.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
But, I also agree with Dunmar. If you like Willow, then go with Willow. Personally, I like having dogs that have less commonly used names.
Thank you! To be honest, I am just making a list of girl names because I can't decide on one. Willow was just one that I thought of at the time (I think I got it from that list on Rover lol. :p). I also like unique names as well, that's why I thought of Casper as a name. I am going to keep on thinking about the girl names, but feel free to give suggestions! :)

Registered
I find it hard to give suggestions without knowing more about you - what are your favourite people, places, activities, things, shows etc. This is what I use to inspire names. Also important to note, is some breeders have litter themes - maybe you want their registered name/call name to go along with the litter theme.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I find it hard to give suggestions without knowing more about you - what are your favourite people, places, activities, things, shows etc. This is what I use to inspire names. Also important to note, is some breeders have litter themes - maybe you want their registered name/call name to go along with the litter theme.
Thank you for the reply! I would really like names that have a fun meaning to them and are inspired by popular shows/movies. For example, I got Casper from Casper the Friendly Ghost. It would also be cool to have a name that can be a boy and girl name. Sport-themed (swimming, tennis, and running) and nature-themed names would also be also nice. I just like names with a certain ring to them, like the name Casper. Also, the litter theme named would be a good idea, but my litter is not even born yet so I can't think of those names yet. But thank you for the advice. :)

Registered
Thank you for the reply! I would really like names that have a fun meaning to them and are inspired by popular shows/movies. For example, I got Casper from Casper the Friendly Ghost. It would also be cool to have a name that can be a boy and girl name. Sport-themed (swimming, tennis, and running) and nature-themed names would also be also nice. I just like names with a certain ring to them, like the name Casper. Also, the litter theme named would be a good idea, but my litter is not even born yet so I can't think of those names yet. But thank you for the advice. 馃榿
Fun! I will try to come up with a few names based on this when I am not working. You could ask your breeder if she/he typically uses litter themes for their registered names. For example, my breeder does not because she wants people to have the freedom to name their dogs as they wish without restrictions.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Fun! I will try to come up with a few names based on this when I am not working. You could ask your breeder if she/he typically uses litter themes for their registered names. For example, my breeder does not because she wants people to have the freedom to name their dogs as they wish without restrictions.
Okay thank you so much! I really appreciate how helpful you have been! Yes, I will ask if my breeder uses litter themes for their registered names for sure. Sorry if I bothered you during your work!

Registered
I went through this phase and ended up choosing Shifu for my male puppy.
I like both Casper and Willow.

I had posted similar thing a few days back and the replies I got were fun. Take a look!

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
I went through this phase and ended up choosing Shifu for my male puppy.
I like both Casper and Willow.

I had posted similar thing a few days back and the replies I got were fun. Take a look!

Thank you! That previous forum was very helpful, thank you for posting it! 馃槉

1 - 20 of 33 Posts