Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon! I will be picking up my new pup January 7th! I’m super excited! But have no idea what to do a bout his akc paper name! I need help. We are for sure naming him “Goose”

He Will be used as a hunting dog lol you can thank you fiancé for the name.

But I dint want to use the kennel name nor is it required. Soooo any suggestions?! Open to anything!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good afternoon! I will be picking up my new pup January 7th! I’m super excited! But have no idea what to do a bout his akc paper name! I need help. We are for sure naming him “Goose”

He Will be used as a hunting dog lol you can thank you fiancé for the name.

But I dint want to use the kennel name nor is it required. Soooo any suggestions?! Open to anything!

Thanks guys!
I'm terrible at names but "Great Goose Gatherer" just popped in my head!

·
Kate
20,438 Posts
If you are not required to use a kennel name, that opens things up quite a bit as far as the name... :)

For me - I usually have themes that my dogs all have in common. So jumping and flying are pretty big themes for my dogs. But my youngest, I decided to do something a little different as a throwback to his dad whose nickname is "Bird". So Glee is a "skybird". Which "bird" still ties into flying and jumping.

You don't have to have the call name in the registered name. I think when people try to do that, it limits their choices by a ton.

Anyway -

Windy Meadows Flying V
Wet Creek's Special Goose
Happy Valley Goose Bay

ETA - I like the name you came up with. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Complex pet names

Before I would choose complex and long names, so nobody would have the same name for their pets. I had a dog named Marco Antonio, and another dog named Maximiliano. But that is too long to keep calling all the time. Besides that, when we moved, my neighbors tought the name of my boyfriend was Marco Antonio:roflmao:...I wonder if they tought I had a baby named Maximiliano because I would call/scream my pom named Maximiliano with a little baby voice tone :grin2:... Now I will have other puppies and I will choose easy short names to avoid such funny confusion.

Regards:x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts