Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have real difficulty naming a 15-week old, great puppy, that we now have. He is happy, fun, and full of life. I have posted recently on this forum, but nothing really stuck, so I thought I would try one more time and see what you experienced Golden Retriever owners think or suggest. He was born as a "singleton" pup in a litter, and came at a time to help heal our hearts from the unexpected passing of our 15 month puppy (Dylan) who was fatally stricken with bone cancer, very rare for a puppy of 15 months old to get. New puppy was born exactly one month before Dylan passed away, almost as if he was meant to be with us. New pup's father's name is Moses, so I had thought of Caleb, Jacob, and a few other bibilical names, but I think I am guilty of overthinking this, as I don't want to give he a common, generic name, as he is anything but common given how he came into the world as a single puppy looking for a loving family to take him in from a world of aloneness. One other thing...he has some scar tissue on the top of his head from an injury in a kennel on the day of his birth, and it is giving him problems now, so it will have to be surgically removed sooner than later. Attached is a pic. Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Tomfollery

Attachments

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
How about Halo? I dont know, I just loked at the picture and that came to me. The way his hair looks like its in a little circle on his head....

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
How about Cosmo(s) as in harmony and order?

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
You again...?

Carlin (Irish) Little champion
Cillian Little warrior
Fergus Strong Man
Keelan Little Companion
Neill/Niall Champion
Nolan Little Fighter
Just check out http://www.20000-names.com/, I'm sure you can find something to your liking...

·
Jack's mama
38 Posts
If you are going along the lines of bible names, how about Job? I don't know if you have ever read the story but he overcame great hardships and physical pain. Just in case you aren't familiar...it's pernounced Jobe, not like an occupation ;) I think it is a very strong name.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way... but yes, I do think you're over-thinking this.

You've had your pup for two plus weeks now. Go with the name the speaks to you the most right now. You can always change it later if you really want to.

And if you're not sure what name speaks to you most, jot down your top 4 or 5 and pull a name from a hat.

Whatever you decide will be the right name for you and your pup. Stop second-guessing yourself.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Take the names you like and yell them out the back door....as if you were yelling them across a field...Some names will fall away.
Take the remaining names on your list and say them with a big grin on your face....

With a golden you will be blessed to do both....

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
"Ace" Wild Card of Our Lives, Wild Card in Our Life.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Take the names you like and yell them out the back door....as if you were yelling them across a field...Some names will fall away.
Take the remaining names on your list and say them with a big grin on your face....

With a golden you will be blessed to do both....
~sniff~ I think you just made a memorable quote, Mary. That's a keeper :)

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
What happened to your original idea of Noah? I remember that your main worry was, that he might be confused by the 'no' part of the name. Personally I don't think that will be a problem, because you will not abbreviate his name, always include 'ah' . 'Noah' doesn't sound like 'No!" I think Noah is a very sweet name for a very sweet puppy, that will hopefully help you to come to terms with the loss of your Dylan. I'm not quite sure how to say it, but I just think you have to start somewhere, and the first thing will be to name this sweet little guy...

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I like the name Jacob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts