Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
AAARF!
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two goldens, a 12-week-old male pup and a 6-year-old female. Last week they started playing together - roughhousing, mouthing each other, wrestling, etc. Unfortunately he has started to mainly go after her face, specifically her eyes. She has KCS (dry eyes) and I have to clean and medicate them several times a day so I don't know if the eye meds are attracting him or what. Tonight they had just started to play and she came running over to me and I saw that the skin right above her eye was bleeding as was the skin right below her eye. Obviously she got nailed by sharp little puppy teeth. He tries to initiate play a lot (almost constantly) and her eyes are what he goes for when he is out of the crate and wants to play with her. I am very worried that he could cause serious damage to her eyes. So my question is...do I totally stop their playing together and just let them chew bones and play with stuffed toys or do I let them play, but somehow correct or redirect him when he goes for her face...which unfortunately is most of the time? :confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts