Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was wondering if anyone could share some info on sore lips if something similar like this has happened too. Just happened overnight, at first it was just white on the lips then she scratched it and now it has come to this. Toasty is currently 5.5 months old and I’m not sure if she’s been scratching there due to teething in the first place or maybe something irritated her in the area. Any ideas on any remedies to help it? Will be sending to the vet if the swelling doesn’t go down :(

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Does he play with another pup? If so, this could be a normal irritation for that play.

If not from playing, it could be from chewing something...a bone, nylabone, kennel at night, etc. etc.

Since it involves his mouth, I would not treat it with anything, if it does not improve daily, I would go to the vet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does he play with another pup? If so, this could be a normal irritation for that play.

If not from playing, it could be from chewing something...a bone, nylabone, kennel at night, etc. etc.

Since it involves his mouth, I would not treat it with anything, if it does not improve daily, I would go to the vet.
Wasn’t from playing with another pup but yeah will keep a look out. For today she has not scratched it, taking her to the vet in a day if it doesn’t appear to be getting smaller..

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hi was wondering if anyone could share some info on sore lips if something similar like this has happened too. Just happened overnight, at first it was just white on the lips then she scratched it and now it has come to this. Toasty is currently 5.5 months old and I’m not sure if she’s been scratching there due to teething in the first place or maybe something irritated her in the area. Any ideas on any remedies to help it? Will be sending to the vet if the swelling doesn’t go down :(
I suggest NOT waiting and take her for a vet's examination asap.
I am NOT trying to scare you, but I had an Aussie that had a swelling in her mouth; and what I thought was a sore or tooth problem..turned out to be a tumor. (malignant too) It seemed to explode from barely noticeable, to huge in a week. Anything in/near a dog's mouth should get immediate professional attention, imo.

Hope it is nothing and she returns to normal again fast! Best wishes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suggest NOT waiting and take her for a vet's examination asap.
I am NOT trying to scare you, but I had an Aussie that had a swelling in her mouth; and what I thought was a sore or tooth problem..turned out to be a tumor. (malignant too) It seemed to explode from barely noticeable, to huge in a week. Anything in/near a dog's mouth should get immediate professional attention, imo.

Hope it is nothing and she returns to normal again fast! Best wishes.
Yeah already made an appointment for her to get checked out hopefully all will be ok. Will update how it goes. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts