Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Koda's mommy
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Koda is about 3 months now and I've experienced a lot of (hard) biting and snarling whenever she gets worked up from playing or being outside and doesn't want to come in. I'm worried because I don't want her to be intimidating to other dogs and people when she bites and snarls like she does with me. Most of the time she's very sweet and well behaved, but then just out of the blue she'll start lunging at hands, faces, feet and biting and growling.

I've been able to get her to back off with a very stern "NO" but then she just goes right back to it minutes later. I've also tried offering her a toy or a treat instead of my flesh, but she's definitely more interested in biting me. I tried holding her like a baby to try and calm her down, but she seems to just get even more worked up and bitey.

Anyone experienced this before? Is it an early sign of aggression? Should I ask my vet or my trainer? Help please!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Very normal puppy. Our puppy is 11 weeks old today and goes thru the same thing. I put him in his xpen, he takes a nap and is my sweet baby again. Sometimes all he needs is 5 minutes.

In fact he's napping in there now. We were playing with toys and he got more bitey with me than with the toys. TIME OUT!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts