Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a duplicate, tried to search but did not see anything recent.
We recently lost our 13 year old Golden, and we miss her terribly. We'd like to find a puppy to bring into our home and help our family smile again...because who cannot smile when they are around a puppy!
My question is this, can anyone recommend a reliable breeder in NJ or Northern PA? We don't need a show pup, but would like to know that we are getting our newest family member from a breeder that is reputable. Also, in my searches we noticed a ton of puppies in Central PA, are these reliable?

Thanks so much

Shannon

·
Super Moderator Leader
46,421 Posts
Welcome!
Very sorry for your loss of Golden.

Although the threads may not be recent, there's still several threads that will come up with Breeder referrals in the area you're looking at.

You may want to contact the GRCA Breeder Referral -contact the GR Club in your area.

Good luck with your search

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!
Very sorry for your loss of Golden.

Although the threads may not be recent, there's still several threads that will come up with Breeder referrals in the area you're looking at.

You may want to contact the GRCA Breeder Referral -contact the GR Club in your area.

Good luck with your search
Thanks! I emailed a few of the names...but some are out of business.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There’s a breeder in Navron PA. It’s golden savannah. Met two pups from there in Richmond and very nice well built puppies. I would use them in the future when I’m ready.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Beware of the "ton of puppies available in Central PA." PA has many active puppy mills, including a lot that are run by the Amish. Your best bet (unless others here can suggest specific breeders) is to check the forum for guidance on what makes a "good" breeder (and what are red flags for a "bad" breeder). Then use that knowledge to at least weed things down to a few breeders that look/sound promising. Then, if you want, you can post websites or registered dog names here and we can help you take a closer look....

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
There’s a breeder in Navron PA. It’s golden savannah. Met two pups from there in Richmond and very nice well built puppies. I would use them in the future when I’m ready.
I'd rethink this recommendation. The stud dog does not have an elbow clearance and the dog has had to be locked on k9data. The PH DI numbers are NOWHERE near 90th percentile which is what someone named Kravetz thought they would input- I'd guess them around 60th at best. I see no heart clearance on him and thankfully they are not lying about it existing on their site. The bitch has no ortho clearances at all. Her cardiac clearance is inadequate and really, finding a EC breeder in that area of the country who IS in compliance w best practices is going to be an exercise in futility.

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
There is a New Jersey Goldens FB page with a breeder list for the tri state area. Ask to join as it’s a closed group and the list is under the “Files” heading. Do your homework and check that the breeders follow the GRCA code of ethics and all clearances are in place as any breeder can be added to the list. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts