Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my wife and I lost our beautiful girl Cinder last weekend and already started looking for a new puppy. Even though I miss her like crazy the house is just to quiet without paw steps in it. So I found someone with puppies but I have no idea how to tell decifer the pedigree of the parents so I was hoping someone with much more knowledge than me can chime in. I want to make sure we are getting the healthiest pup we can. Thank you for any help. Here is what they sent me. Mark
received_791426625048484.jpeg

·
Registered
9 Posts
The vet certificate doesn't really mean anything, just the puppy is fine at that current time.
I did a little googling and found the breeder on FB and Gooddog. There are no OFA records of the sire or dam, I also cannot find them on k9data - so they are likely not health tested even though it says they are on Gooddog.
There is a similar thread in this forum about unpapered puppies. You may pay less and get a puppy earlier for a dog from untested parents, but you will pay down the line for their health issues. If you are looking to get a healthy puppy from tested and proven parents, I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I even asked and was told the parents are OFA certified. I would want to see the actual paperwork before I believe anyone. And yes I definitely dont want to take any chances on the health issues down the line.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I even asked and was told the parents are OFA certified. I would want to see the actual paperwork before I believe anyone. And yes I definitely dont want to take any chances on the health issues down the line.
You can ask for the OFA numbers and look them up yourself on https://www.ofa.org/ . If they are reluctant to give them to you until you pay a deposit or similar, it is definitely a red flag bc good OFA scores are something to brag about and no decent breeder would be hiding them behind a paywall.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh I see! So you don't have a website for her? How did you find this puppy? Regardless I still cannot find the sire or dams of the pedigree on k9data.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She responded to someone who was looking for a golden puppy on a different forum. I'm not even sure if she is a full time breeder or a hobby breeder. That's why I wanted to get info on the bloodline. I still want to speak with her directly too. Thanks again

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's entirely possible I'm not doing this correctly, but those certificates don't look right to me.

When I search for the puppy and dam by registration number, it pulls up different dogs entirely. There is a golden named Morgan Jones, but with a different number than the one on the certificate.

I found the sire's sire (Jack's Dazzling Topaz Rebel), but the AKC says he's a labrador retriever. His sire, FC AFC Rebel With a Cause, is a real dog, but the pedigree I found for him online has a different registration number. He's also a yellow labrador retriever. Ryder's Break at the Lake is also registered as a lab.

I also can't figure out what the seal on the veterinary certificate means. What are those organizations? A google search didn't pull them up. Is Welbert Richardson supposed to be the vet?
Rebel.jpg
Ryder pedigree.jpg

This is what I pull up when I enter the number shown under Luna's name on the certificate:

Hannah.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I was kind of concerned with that certificate too but then again I'm not an expert so I thought I might be just being paranoid. I'll probably pass and just wait for a reputable breeder to have a puppy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I tried looking up the people on the vet certificate too and nothing. Something is definitely fishy there.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
This is obviously a scam. Luna's DOB is just this last summer, according to the ped they gave you- however real dog that number belongs to is DOB 6-8-2010. So they just changed a digit or two w no regard to it making sense. The dam of Luna's SBdate is altered, too, 080-06 is not a SB date. And all the dogs behind on both sides that say YLW - those are labs. Maya Belta's name is typed in a different font. There are no registered GR whose name is Maya Belta. There is ONE GR named Morgan Jones- he lived over 20 years ago and is certainly not the sire of this bitch. There is so much wrong here. Where did you find these people? Someone needs to alert authorities.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do
Hello my wife and I lost our beautiful girl Cinder last weekend and already started looking for a new puppy. Even though I miss her like crazy the house is just to quiet without paw steps in it. So I found someone with puppies but I have no idea how to tell decifer the pedigree of the parents so I was hoping someone with much more knowledge than me can chime in. I want to make sure we are getting the healthiest pup we can. Thank you for any help. Here is what they sent me. Mark View attachment 877687 View attachment 877687
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BUY FROM JENNY MASON!!!! This is a scam. I am the sister in law/ assistant for the actual Mason Farm Goldens!!!! We are not located in Maryland. I do not want anyone to lose money. JENNY MASON SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HERSELF.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow, I might be a bit of a skeptic, but the paperwork rung so many alarm bells, I wouldn't even bother taking a second look, I can't be the only one?

·
Registered
919 Posts
FC AFC High Tech CEO is definitely a lab. My sons labs are from his line.

So much wrong with this!! Hope someone follows through with reporting this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Already moved on but appreciate all the input. I'll post when I find a reputable breeder to get input.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You will find it somewhat difficult to find a well bred Golden right now. During the, so called, pandemic many folks have decided it is a great time to have a new Golden. So demand has been high...

But, since this new pup will be part of your family for 15-16-17 years...take time to get the very best pup you can afford. I did, and I do not regret it for a minute! Good Luck...you are already on a good track, just by checking it all out...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts