Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's awful!!! He is completely switched over to California Naturals now, and I've noticed in the last few days, about an hour before dinnertime, he makes our eyes water! He has to go to the vet tomorrow for his next set of shots, and I will ask him then if everything looks ok, but I just thought I'd share my latest experience of how much smell can come out of something so small.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Funny this post came up tonight. Flip was barking in his crate and when I went to check on him I smelled a horrible odor and assumed he'd had an accident in his crate. But I could find no visual evidence so I guess it was really bad gas for him too!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will be sure to check that out!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Yogurt!! Give a tablespoon with each meal and it really does help alot! My little one (now 4 months old), had terrible gas when we first brought her home. It is now resolved with the addition of yogurt....thankfully!!! She sure could clear the room!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yogurt!! Give a tablespoon with each meal and it really does help alot! My little one (now 4 months old), had terrible gas when we first brought her home. It is now resolved with the addition of yogurt....thankfully!!! She sure could clear the room!

Plain? Or vanilla?

·
16,000 Posts

The probiotic that I use has the same beneficial bacteria that is in yogurt, in very concentrated amounts, as well as beneficial enzymes. I still give yogurt occassionally, but as a treat - I couldn't feed enough yogurt to provide the amount of probiotics that I am in 1/4 tspn of Digestive Enhancer. And the dogs love it as much as they do the yogurt! It also does not have to be refrigerated.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I buy the plain and both my dogs love it. I get a large container with a nice cover, and its good for a week at least. I sometimes mix it into their food as well.

·
Debbie
644 Posts
It's awful!!! He is completely switched over to California Naturals now, and I've noticed in the last few days, about an hour before dinnertime, he makes our eyes water! He has to go to the vet tomorrow for his next set of shots, and I will ask him then if everything looks ok, but I just thought I'd share my latest experience of how much smell can come out of something so small.
My dogs get really gassy when they help themselves to the litter boxes. Now I have a gate up so they can't get them. Not saying this is so in your case but if you have a cat I would look into it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts