Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I just posted but I have one more question :D My dog was very light as an 8 week old pup! His ears have always been a very pretty red color and now he is 4-5 months old and he is still very light with a strip of dark from his ears to his tail. I heard puppies grow into the color of their ears, but is it possible he will always be light? I don't care either way because he is perfect! I was just wondering what I should expect! Thank you so much everyone for any input!

BRODY!!! :D

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
I too hear the ears will tell. Most I see are a combination of the parents color. That stripe is the first of the next coat coming in. In my previous goldens, that stripe darkened a bit with each coat shed and spread down their sides until about 3 yrs and the undercoat mellowed into a lighter gold. Isn't this fun to watch??

Look in the picture section and you can see many of the goldens here as they grow and mature. It is amazing to see the difference from their first pictures and what they look like now. I love the Red's, they are uniquely colored to me as little babes and just "glow" as they develope that beautiful red color, but honestly I love ALL the colors!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
The strip of dark is his adult fur/color coming in. My guy has med. gold outer coat with light undercoat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts