Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nose Dog Eye Carnivore Dog breed
Hi everybody,

Nala just turned 12 weeks old and she’s been doing great! She’s been eating Purina Pro Plan Performance 30/20 chicken and rice since she was weaned off milk as per the breeder. The label states that it’s for all life stages. I just want to make sure she’s getting all the nutrients she needs as she is growing. She has tolerated this kibble very well. Should I transition her to a puppy formula or keep her on her current diet? Does anybody have experience raising their puppies on this formula? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
2,855 Posts
I’m feeding our new puppy 30/20 adult because it’s all life stages. It should be fine, you don’t necessarily need a puppy diet and some breeders prefer the ALS diets.

·
Super Moderator
3,573 Posts
ALS foods are puppy foods - they have to be formulated to meet the nutritional needs of the lifestage that require the most nutrients. Most (definitely not all) foods that are marketed towards puppies actually say they are All Life Stages if you read the AAFCO statement. Pro Plan’s a good example of that.

Reactions: Tagrenine

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Inside sources tell me the only reason that Purina makes puppy formula Pro plan is consumer demand. The puppy formula is basically the same as ALS with filler added and a higher cost.
I have a five year old and a 10 month old that have been on the PPP 30/20 since they were seven week old.
You just have to be cautious about not over feeding (with any food).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts