Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

281 - 286 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Moving along, slowly getting there. Both girls got their first master pass today. Was not sure if I was going to throw up or pee in my pants. Did have poopoo bags and also had extra changing clothes just in case one of the two would happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #285 (Edited)
Congratulations! I have followed the progress of both Rose and Belle. You have done quite a nice job.
Thank you George! I did warn the judges that I did not have depends on so I was very appreciative if they did not look. I also advised that I will not be walking backwards with the gun for their own safety. Had to wait on the honor with Belle for quite awhile since the bird girls wanted a potty break during the re-birding. Since the honor was right in front of the first bird down which happened to be a flyer I did not put the leash on Belle while waiting - she may have thought is was time to run again once the leash was off for the honor. She stayed nicely at a heel or laying down or grazing the surrounding area. Rose went thru the entire third series with no handles on any of the marks. Belle had one handle in the last series which was a complete handler error. With all birds under 35 yards and a breaking second bird down at 15 yards thrown towards the dog all my eyes were on Belle not to break and myself to make sure I tap dance nicely to the sound of the duck calls and don't miss a step that could cause her to break. I was under the impression that the first bird down was thrown angle back in the direction of the diversion shot. It was flat. So when I lined her (right between the fall and the gunner station) she took off to Timbuktu. I thought she will recover without a handle but Bozo almost decided to see what was further back than Timbuktu. So we handled back to where I thought the bird was. She caught a whiff of the bird and she blew my slow come in whistle and veered to the left. I gave an "angry" sit whistle and a right over. She picked the bird and took the over. All I could do was the relief sound of a come whistle.

281 - 286 of 286 Posts