Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My one year old Golden loves to eat rabbit poop. We have a few small piles in our yard and anytime he goes outside, he automatically goes straight to the poop. My parents' 11-year old Golden does the exact same thing!

Does anyone else have this problem or know how I can stop it? He has never tried to eat his own or any other animal's poop, just the rabbit. I'm afraid he's going to get sick from this :yuck:

I do pull him away and tell him no, but every morning there seems to be more out there!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
RickGibbs said:
I can't remember....did we determine that Ellen DeGeneres likes poop?
OMG i forgot about that and i can't remember the details of it either. I'll blame it on the drugs i'm on. Please refresh my memory on the Ellen thing

·
Registered
37 Posts
Our 7 month old cross eats all sorts of poop!!! ( cow, sheep, fox... yuk!) Our vet suggested worming him every three months, ( we use Milbemax)....so that's what we do, just to be safe.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
karl & julie said:
Our 7 month old cross eats all sorts of poop!!! ( cow, sheep, fox... yuk!) Our vet suggested worming him every three months, ( we use Milbemax)....so that's what we do, just to be safe.
That's probably a great idea.

·
Golden Obsession
362 Posts
Yeah mine is pigeon poop! My husband raises pigeons. Try to keep her away from it but it is a job! YUCH!! Then you think of all them licks (kisses)we get afterwards!I think I will ask my vet about the worming thing.

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
goldenstaples said:
Yeah mine is pigeon poop! My husband raises pigeons. Try to keep her away from it but it is a job! YUCH!! Then you think of all them licks (kisses)we get afterwards!I think I will ask my vet about the worming thing.
Piigeons? I used to raise pigeons... My dad and I had around 50 when I was in Junior High.... Then again, when my wife and I lived out on my in-laws farm.... I miss pigeons, they were so much fun....

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Dottie is a connoisseur of deer poop. And she is so good at finding it. A good "Leave it" command always works, but she can find it and start vaccuuming it so quickly that I really have to keep a close eye on her. So in that case, "Leave it" means that she doesn't finish the pile...but she knows it'll be out there for next time.

Unlike Dottie and Ellen, Barrington does not care for any kind of poop.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
My previous golden, Sasha, loved chicken poop. In the winter time when they were frozen and she was crunching them :yuck: I called them "poopcicles". Hershey and Sasha both loved woodchuck poop but they would always barf it up again and man oh man did it stink!!!

That other thread about Ellen and the ebay poop was cracking me up!!! :D
Cathy

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Have them on lead and the minute they go for it give them a correction and a firm "No". Be consistant or else it won't work. Both Telly and Kody would take to this stuff like candy when pups, vet told me it can make them very very sick and to break them of it so I did using the method I mentioned above. Telly much worse then Kode was, I also had them wormed often that first year as already mentioned above.

Good luck, and I hope it works for you as it did for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts