Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tucker now looks like an adult dog to most people. I know he has more growing to do, but he's as big as many adult dogs now. He's not quite 7 months old and weighs a lean 60 lbs. When he heads toward strangers at the dog park I can see them looking at him and evaluating whether he's a "good dog."

To the others with 6 or 7 month olds. Do your dogs still look puppy-like? I really miss my puppy! :eek: I'm happy he's growing into a healthy young adult, but I do miss the puppy-ness.

He does surprise people happily though when he starts wiggling and wagging, and they look at him and say "Oh is he a puppy?" :)

I just took the attached photo with my phone--a bit fuzzy but it shows what he looks like right now.

Attachments

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
Yeah, we still run into that with Pippa, who's now 11 months. The other day on a walk in conservation land, she went running up to someone who had that exact same expression on his face. But when she got to him, she dropped on all fours and groveled. It was pretty cute ;)

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They grow up so fast!!! I miss the roly-poly puppy too.

Gotta say tho, he's a handsome young man!!
Thank you! We think so too. :D And we tell him that all the time. He's getting quite conceited.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I know how you feel I miss my puppy :(. BaWaaJige grew way to fast. He lost that puppy look at about 4 months. He acts like a big puppy at 8 month bt I wish I could hold him my arms ( well all of him in my arms) not just his top half.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ozzy has puppy looking moments, especially when he runs, but is definitely losing his puppiness!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Kasey will be 9 months old at the end of the month and she has not looked like a puppy for a couple months. She grew so fast! When she used to come running at me it was so adorable but now I have to admit I am the one with that look! I know she will turn or stop but she is so big I just kind of close my eyes for a second! LOL!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I know what you mean! Even though Bryley will always be my 'puppy' I do miss that rolly pollie fur ball . He is now 11 months and definately does not look like a pup but definately still sometimes (most of the time! :D) acts like a pup! I find that people are always wanting to touch and pet and love on my guy without even a thought that he might not be nice. I think GR's just have a lovely reputation and people are drawn to their beauty, goofiness and sweetness!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a picture somewhere of our first golden and I remember he was only seven months old in the picture. And yet he looked almost like an adult. It seems goldens get that mature look quicker than some other breeds and those fluffy furry puppy days that at times made us want to pull our hair out are too soon gone. I told my wife it was like waking up and finding your four year old son looked like a teen ager.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
My too are doing the same. Kye looks more adult every day except when she is in her snuggly moods, then I do see some of her puppyness come back. Coop has grown so much and though as big as his older sister, he still thinks he should crawl into your lap, except 50 lbs crawling on you isn't the same as when he was a fluffy ball weighing 15 lbs! Baby time leaves so quickly.

Where did my babies go???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts