Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jackson is 17 weeks old now, and has always had nice firm stools and no issues with any foods or anything. But tonight on the way home from daycare he was rather gassy, which continued through the evening, and he just went outside and had a rather soft stool/diarrhea. The only different thing he has had is dramamine to help with his car sickness/ car anxiety. Can dramamine cause diarrhea? Is there anything I should do for him since he did have diarrhea??

Do I need to get him to a vet clinic for fluids so he doesn't get dehydrated? I've read that puppies get dehydrated easily. Help please!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And Jackson just had diarrhea again this morning. It's of the chocolate pudding variety. My poor little dude :( Calling the vet in 20 when they open :(

·
Registered
389 Posts
My pup has been through the diarrhea problem! She is seven months old now and it has been a couple months since. My vet could never find what caused it. She was on medicine for a couple weeks and it stopped. I hope your pup gets better soon!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
IMO, there is a difference between loose stool (pudding-like) and diarrhea (brown water). If he has the loose stool and drinking plenty of water I'd do the wait & watch for a day or two. For the diarrhea, I'd call the vet.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I agree with Willow. Puppy diarrhea is a rite of passage..:yuck: if you haven't experienced it before now, you are really lucky!

Look around on this site for diarrhea remedies--there are many offered by very experienced dog owners and breeders--and try that for a couple days. It will probably handle it. If that doesn't work, then visit the vet.

Don't panic--it's all OK and your little one should be fine soon... :smooch:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Casper had it. It was worms. We didn't need the microscopic exam to confirm. Ewww. Fortunately, it was fixed in about a day with worming meds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts