Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I'm starting to get a few butterflies. After losing Tess and Rusty last year, it took a while for Raider and Libby to grieve and move on. They always got along, but now have really settled into a wonderful and touching partnership. They share their toys, share their beds, and share our love. I am watching them right now and wonder if this new puppy is going to throw them into a tail spin. Raider has a prized toy, Libby is lying next to him with her paw on him, waiting for him to drop it. She is too sweet to steal it from him, and just waiting for him to drop it. But if she did take it from him, he wouldn't argue with her, he adores her. Hopefully my new baby, Tugg will fit in without too many problems. I know there will be an adjustment period for all of us, I just don't want Raider and Libby to be upset with the change that is coming.

Reactions: hotel4dogs

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
I hope things go well for you Raider, Libby and Tugg!! There may be a few issues at the beginning but nothing that can't be worked out.

I know how you feel about butterflies. It's been less than 3 years since I've had a puppy but the thought of bringing another one home (at some point) already has me all nervous!!!

Can't wait to see pictures of baby Tugg!!!!

·
Kristy
9,822 Posts
Nervous is normal.... There will be moments, but you all will be just fine. Raider and Libby are going to show Tugg the ropes and he's going to turn out to be a great dog. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the action shots and hearing the stories. Keep looking ahead :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Aww Tugg, that is such a great name! Im sure that between all the puppy business and playing and cleaning and everything that goes on with a new puppy you will forget to be nervous shortly after Tugg comes home, I cant wait for the pictures and stories as well, I have such bad puppy fever untill I go outside and see all the snow and coldness and it reminds me waiting for spring is such a good idea! lol Im sure that after a while the three will have their own version of sharing and sweetness between them!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I think that, once the initial adjustment is over, they will become best friends. I remember you were worried about that when you brought Raider home, too, and look how that worked out :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Wishing you well with your new addition Tugg, when he arrives. Might be a little adjustment for all, sure it will e fine. Good luck.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Can't believe it is just a week away!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm ready

hopefully that is, the only thing not here yet is the x-pen, oh, and of course the puppy.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
So much to look forward to! Just like with kids you can't imagine how they will adjust but before you know it they do and before you know it you can't remember how life was before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts