Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about puppy colds? I think Murphy has one. He has yellowish eye goobers, not much interest in his food, and he has a little diarrhea. My vet isn't open today and I'd like to avoid taking him to the emergency vet if I can. I am cooking him some chicken now so at least he might eat something. Will this pass? He's still playful, just not as much as usual.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
take his (rectal) temperature. Normal for a golden is about 101 or so, can be a bit higher if they're very active or stressed at the time.
If it's 103 or higher, I'd get him to the vet.
If not, don't worry too much about him eating. Just be sure he's drinking. If you are cooking chicken/rice, add some water to it when you offer it to him so that he gets enough fluids.
If his breathing starts to sound funny, raspy or labored, get him to the vet RIGHT AWAY!!!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called the vet at the emergency number and he said just to bring him in (he lives there). So we went in and he said he has the flu and gave him an antibiotic and he should be feeling better soon. Thanks for the input!

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
aww poor Murphy. Hope he feels better real soon.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hope Murphy feels better really soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts