Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bella's Dad is bent and determined to put her back on Puppy Chow because of her bad gas. I read in another thread about enzymes, so I'm going to purchase some when I go to town tomorrow.

How can I persuade him to try out different things before going back to Puppy Chow? I told him I don't want her eating corn her whole life, and he says every time that plenty of dogs eat it and are fine.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
My dogs had their worst gas when they were on foods that contained corn. They haven't had gas in several years. Now the puppy I have here for training has room clearing gas. You'd think a skunk walked through! She's on Blue Buffalo.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bella has been on several different foods (slow transitions) and has gas on all of them. The last 2 foods have contained no corn or grain. I'm not sure what to do next, but I really don't want to go back to the Chow. While I don't know a whole lot, my husband knows absolutely nothing about dogs, so I don't know why he's so opinionated.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Tell him that all corn is now genetically modified and could possibly cause cancer down the road as we do not know yet what affect GM foods will have people and animals.

If I were you I would cook her up rice and boiled hamburger and give her that for about 10days to 2 wks. Then I would slowly introduce new food to her such green beans do this for a few days to see what her bodies reaction is to the food. If she is still okay gas wise then add another food. If a person or an animal has food allergies is this the only way to figure out what one can have or not have. I know I have so many food allergies I am lucky to be alive. And I really mean that the drs almosted killed me as an infant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts