Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
161C6DC8-AEC2-4320-9881-972111E8512E.jpeg

My Lab that’s part of the breeder colony for a service dog organization had an ultrasound confirmed pregnancy last week. Puppy count X-ray is November 9, with litter due date of November 18. Possible sires were two yellow labs, but we think our girl is dominant on Yellow so an all black litter. Should be a fun Thanksgiving and Christmas before puppies go out to volunteer Puppy Raisers across the country.

My Clumber and Goldens are excited for another litter in the house! My Clumber enjoys the break from being the shortest dog in the house.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Congratulations. That is a lot of work but for such a great cause.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I love this so much. I REALLY want a service-dog-bred Lab puppy someday. Is it possible for a regular person to ever get one?

·
Super Moderator
896 Posts
I love this so much. I REALLY want a service-dog-bred Lab puppy someday. Is it possible for a regular person to ever get one?
I have friends who have two service-bred-labs! She first worked as a puppy-raiser and I think in total raised 9 service puppies for her organization (not sure which organization) but two of the puppies she raised ended up not meeting certain requirements for their training programs. They reached out to her first to see if she wanted to adopt them and she did! She has a 5 year old female and a 2 year old male.

·
Super Moderator
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The organization I volunteer with often places the dogs that aren't selected for advanced training with individuals connected with the organization. However, there are service dog organizations that have an adoption list people can join. I think Guide Dogs for the Blind has such a program, but you'd have to check their website to confirm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts