Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just recently lost my baby Chocolate and am looking for legitimate breeder in the NY area.. My family and I were very lucky with Chocolate as he was a very healthy dog and even till the end if not for the cancer would have been in great shape, the vet was surprised considering his age.

So beginning this new journey of welcoming a new family member into the family I want to make sure that I know as much as I can about the new puppy because I do not want to begin a journey and early on receive heart breaking news.

Any help and information would be much appreciated.

Also as far as coloring, I'm looking for similar coloring of chocolate not too white and not reddish. A beautiful blend of golds.~hehe ;) ~

Thank,
Jo

·
Registered
869 Posts
What area of NY are you located?? That's a big state and Buffalo to Albany or NYC is quite a distance! :)

Jennifer

·
Registered
869 Posts
You can contact Long Island Golden Retriever Club
The Long Island Golden Retriever Club, Inc.

or if since you don't mind driving a bit. The Yankee Golden Retriever Club is in MA, CT.
Yankee Golden Retriever Club

Either of these clubs should be able to give you names of breeders in the clubs that have puppies or will be having puppies shortly. Just remember, you want hip, elbow, heart(done by a cardiologist-so a C after the numbers) and an eye clearance done within a year.

Best of luck in your search!!

Jennifer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jennifer!

Thank you very much for the info. I will be emailing for puppy referral and crossing fingers that everything turns out well.

Thanks once again!!
Johanna

1 - 5 of 5 Posts