Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regulars know that I am a volunteer breeder caretaker with a service dog organization that provides assistance dogs at no charge to children, adults, and veterans with disabilities (other than blindness). The organization produces its own puppies so one of its breeder dogs, a (black) Lab, lives with me. She whelps in my home and I provide all the care for the puppies for the first 8 weeks of their life.

My girl had a litter this past Friday, so the puppies are 5 days old. Unlike her previous litters which were sired by Labs, this litter was potentially sired by a Golden Retriever and a (yellow) Lab. (DNA tests will tell us which puppies belong to which dads.) We are the "M" litter, so I'm currently thinking of "M" names that I'll submit to the organization who will pick from the list and then assign names to each puppy.

Momma and the puppies are doing well. This is a hungry litter. They are always eating!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,880 Posts
Congratulations GoldenDude, they're beautiful!

These little ones have a very important future ahead of them.

Thank you for volunteering your time and care of them.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Congratulations! Are there 10 of them?

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Congratulations!! 9 beautiful puppies :) Such a wonderful thing you do for this service organization.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Congratulations! They look gorgeous. Your girl is being such a sweet Mama. Wishing Mom a fast and easy recovery. Hoping you have a fun and easy 8 weeks with these little sweethearts. Thank you for you and your girls service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts