Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read a lot of threads on here about adult goldens getting fish oil, but not so much about puppies. Murphy is constantly scratching and he has no fleas, and as far as we can tell, it's not an allergy. I'd like to start giving him some fish oil but I'm really not sure how much, or if I can even give it to him since he's young. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry to bump this up, just didn't get any responses last night so I was hoping for some this morning.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Murphysmom...I was wondering the same thing. Tucker is also itchy (despite changing his food). I am taking him to the vet tomorrow for his 3rd round of vaccines so I will ask tomorrow and get back to you (hopefully someone will answer before then). My cousin has an 8 week old puppy and he is giving the puppy Fish oil. I am reluctant until I hear from others or the vet.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the vet told me a couple weeks ago I could use fish oil but at the time I hadn't planned on using it so I didn't ask how much. If nothing else I will just call tomorrow and ask the vet how much to use.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
You can give two 1000-mg tablets a day. You can use the human grade since it has more omega 3 than the dog formulated ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts