Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am owner of a wonderful 5 year old Golden boy. For months we have been talking about getting him a companion. We would love a pup but with uncertain times, top we can see spending right now is 1500. I see on posts here that in Florida 2500 is more of the norm. We would be willing to adopt a young golden just seems like pretty difficult to do. I am a stay at home mom in 50’s with one teen left. We have fenced yard and pool. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator Leader
46,444 Posts
Welcome, are you looking to get a young adult from a Breeder or are you interested in adopting through a GR Rescue?

Here is a link for the Breeder Referral through the GRCA.org-

You can contact the local GR Club in your area, they have a puppy referral, they may know of a young golden available.

If you're looking to adopt through a GR Rescue, here are the groups in FL.
Contact the one closest to you-they all have specific areas they cover.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
I am in FL- I can't think of any breeders whose puppies are that little. And an older puppy/young dog will likely cost you way more than an 8 week old. Breeders who place a keeper have invested in that dog and have no issues finding fabulous homes for 3times the amount you're looking for a puppy at.
Mid FL GRC has an associated rescue- perhaps go to the MFGRC FB page and ask for someone to contact you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts