Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
New from MA here. Just began the adoption process for our little prince from Julie Guay of Brookshire Goldens. It's been about 18 months since our sweet little Welsh Corgi left us and it took just this long to realize we can do it again. She was the perfect angel in every possible way. I hope now that we have 2 kids that we can dedicate the time to Will as as did to Shelly. I'm confident. It's hard starting over after 15 years. You forget a LOT!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Kevin, I totally understand. We lost our girl about 15 months ago and it still hurts. She had a long wonderful life; but as you know, it doesn't make loosing them any easier. After all this time, it's kind of scary starting over with a new puppy. We just began our search for a puppy and are really getting excited to have a puppy join our family.

Enjoy your new member of the family...

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Welcome to GRF. I hope you come back and share stories about your little prince after his arrival.

A really good refresher course for you would be Dr Ian Dunbar's books on puppies and raising them. He's very well respected. They can be downloaded for free on the Internet: Free downloads | Dog Star Daily

·
Kristy
9,166 Posts
Before and AFter Getting your Puppy by Dr. Ian Dunbar was the book recommended to me by my breeder....

Also, have you had a chance to start researching a good obedience club for your puppy classes? If you have not, it's never too early. The really good ones will fill up fast. If you've never had a golden before you will be amazed at how quickly they learn. Your boy will be a star in his class :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts