Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Pup Name Suggestion

744 6
Hi
Today we got a golden retriever pup , this is our first dog so pretty excited about it
We are not able to decide on his name , so any suggestions will be great
Attaching his pic , he has a birthmark near his nose

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,280 Posts
What names are you thinking about?

What is his personality like?

Sometimes I like to get to know a dog for a few days, to get an idea of their personality, before deciding on a name. I used a lot of "dog name" websites, wrote down the ones I liked, and then crossed off the ones that didn't suit my dog. I named my first girl Maeby after Arrested Development, but mostly called her Mae.

With Piper, I was thinking Willow, Luna, Pippa, Scout, and Piper, in that order of preference. But she was definitely a Piper.

I always love Toby for a boy golden, personally.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We thought of a few names - Bruno, Malty, Fifo, Scar... But we are not so happy with any of these. He has a darker brown birth mark so we were thinking if we could find a name reflecting that.

He is a very calm pup - seems very well behaved (almost too good to be true! :p)

· Registered
1,280 Posts
What about Chance? His birthmark is certainly a random chance, and chance means "good luck or good fortune"I love the name chance for dogs.

You could call him Benedict and Benny for short--that means blessed.

Felix means lucky

Asher means blessed

Teddy means divine gift.

There's also always Spot, or Lucky!

Also, I forgot to say earlier, but your boy is ADORABLE! I love his birthmark. Is it blackish? There's something called black dog phenomenon in dogs that can do something like this.

· Registered
268 Posts
Hi He is a good looking pup.
I like the suggestion Chance, suggests lucky and calm.
You could go with names listed for brown dogs I guess such as Java, Coco, fudge etc. Have a friend with 2 tan and brown dogs called Bear and Yogi.
Might be corney but how about Harry, Potter or Potts. That character had a scar. Or a related name Ron or Muggle.
Or since he is a unique star- Astar or Aster

Just a few ideas, we didnt name ours any of the ones we listed before he came home either.
Our son named him Albion Astar = British Star but he gets called Albie. He has a small dark smudge at the edge of his left brow too.

· Registered
14,257 Posts
I like Bruno. But I also like Asher quite a bit. It would probably get shortened to Ash, which I also like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.