Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading that several people feed pumpkin to their dogs, what is the benefit, how much and how often?

Also, are you using canned or fresh?

Thanks.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
I just give it to them in their kongs as a snack...I use 100% canned pumpkin. They get it once a week......they love it!!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I give my girls canned pumpkin to clear up the runs when they have an upset tummy's. It works like a charm...
Excellent, Kirby just got over the runs and now Darby is starting (just got his vaccines). I'm off to find some canned pumpkin. Thanks

Laurie - I like the idea of putting it in their kongs, do you freeze them?

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I've heard that it can be very difficult to find canned pumpkin right now. Bad crop of pumpkins this year.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Make sure you purchase 100% pure pumpkin without any sugar added. We find it in the baking aisle here in Michigan.

Robert

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Make sure you purchase 100% pure pumpkin without any sugar added. We find it in the baking aisle here in Michigan.

Robert
That's why I questioned canned pumpkin, sugar, sodium and preservatives.

Louisiana - I couldn't find pumpkin the last time I was in the store, guess that explains why.

Thanks

677 Posts
The only veggie that Casey will eat! He loves it, and it is a miracle for clearing up runny poops quickly. I will have to try it in Kongs--never thought of that!

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
Excellent, Kirby just got over the runs and now Darby is starting (just got his vaccines). I'm off to find some canned pumpkin. Thanks

Laurie - I like the idea of putting it in their kongs, do you freeze them?

Yes, I just put it in either their kongs or some of their hollowed out marrow bones and freeze them in the morning...I typically give it to them after their evening walk...their bedtime snack!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts